Zeta Touch - Android port of Raze & EDuke32

Jj1117
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Zeta Touch - Android port of Raze & EDuke32

Post by Jj1117 »

Hey great work with this one. I have bought both the Quad and Delta Touch before and this one is great like the others.
I was wondering if we are going to get Jedi Knight series released on android or the Dark Force series? Thank you
Phredreeke

Post by Phredreeke »

I don't know if emile wants to touch the latter Jedi Knight games as while the sources were released, it was done without the rightsholders permission AFAIK
The first Jedi Knight (Dark Forces 2) did not have its source released, but is currently being reverse engineered as OpenJKDF2 (haven't really kept up with its progress)
Finally, the original Dark Forces is being reverse engineered by LuciusDXL as The Force Engine, and while it's fully playable it's probably too early to think about porting it to Android
Jj1117

Post by Jj1117 »

Phredreeke wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:24 am I don't know if emile wants to touch the latter Jedi Knight games as while the sources were released, it was done without the rightsholders permission AFAIK
The first Jedi Knight (Dark Forces 2) did not have its source released, but is currently being reverse engineered as OpenJKDF2 (haven't really kept up with its progress)
Finally, the original Dark Forces is being reverse engineered by LuciusDXL as The Force Engine, and while it's fully playable it's probably too early to think about porting it to Android
Thanks. I'll be more than willing to wait for the android release of jkdf2 and mots. It was such a classic. OPENJKDF2 is a great tool I've tried just last night. Hopefully they release an android version soon.
emile_b
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by emile_b »

New version v2.2, download here:
http://opentouchgaming.com/zeta-touch/

* Added Raze 1.5.0
* Updated EDuke32 dev to latest code
* Added Gyro 'Smart toggle' button to touch screen and gamepad
* Added Redneck Rampage : Ride Again to launcher
* Added WWII GI to launcher
* Added Quick Kick button
* Fixed Scoped Storage to work (optional). Can decrease loads times on Android 11+ if enabled
daemonspudguy
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Marietta, Ohio, USA, North America, Earth, Universe

Post by daemonspudguy »

A new Beloko product has been out and i've missed it until now? I suck.
wran

Post by wran »

Fantastic update, thanks.
Jj1117

Post by Jj1117 »

can we play duke nukem with mods?
Casualfan

Post by Casualfan »

Love these mobile ports! But is porting this or Delta Touch to iOS a possibility?
Jj1117

Post by Jj1117 »

Hello. Someone finally figured out how to run Quake 4 on android. A YouTube user named Nmich23 uploads videos regarding Q4. Can you guys replicate the result on quad touch as well?
Casualfan

Post by Casualfan »

I keep getting this weird bug when trying to play Blood. The game will start normally for a few days, but then randomly I'll go in to load the game and none of the textures or graphics will load. I can open menus and technically start a game, but when I start a game I just get this weird screen:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tXxkVH ... sp=sharing

This has happened the last 3 times I tried uploading the Blood files onto my phone. The weird thing is that the game starts fine for the first few days and then just...doesn't randomly. All the other games (Duke, Shadow Warrior, Powerslave, Ion Fury) work fine, though. Has this happened to anyone else?

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S10e, and it has Android Version 12 installed.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

You link is blocked. Please make it public
Casualfan

Post by Casualfan »

Graf Zahl wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:06 am You link is blocked. Please make it public
My bad. It should be fixed now.
emile_b

Post by emile_b »

Casualfan wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:26 pm I keep getting this weird bug when trying to play Blood. The game will start normally for a few days, but then randomly I'll go in to load the game and none of the textures or graphics will load. I can open menus and technically start a game, but when I start a game I just get this weird screen:

This has happened the last 3 times I tried uploading the Blood files onto my phone. The weird thing is that the game starts fine for the first few days and then just...doesn't randomly. All the other games (Duke, Shadow Warrior, Powerslave, Ion Fury) work fine, though. Has this happened to anyone else?

What do you need to do in order to fix the problem? Uninstall the app? Did you try the 'DELETE CFG FILE' button to clear the game settings?
Casualfan

Post by Casualfan »

emile_b wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:39 am
Casualfan wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:26 pm I keep getting this weird bug when trying to play Blood. The game will start normally for a few days, but then randomly I'll go in to load the game and none of the textures or graphics will load. I can open menus and technically start a game, but when I start a game I just get this weird screen:

What do you need to do in order to fix the problem? Uninstall the app? Did you try the 'DELETE CFG FILE' button to clear the game settings?
Emile, I'd like to sheepishly apologize. I figured out that the reason why Blood doesn't work is that for some reason the files labeled "tiles" keep showing up in my phone's photo gallery as blank images. I kept seeing these and assuming that they were just corrupted photos, and then I'd delete them. So the reason why Blood wasn't working for me was because I kept accidentally deleting all the art assets.

Sorry for the confusion, and thanks for the response! Far as I can tell the app is working fine now.
emile_b

Post by emile_b »

Casualfan wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:58 pm
Emile, I'd like to sheepishly apologize. I figured out that the reason why Blood doesn't work is that for some reason the files labeled "tiles" keep showing up in my phone's photo gallery as blank images. I kept seeing these and assuming that they were just corrupted photos, and then I'd delete them. So the reason why Blood wasn't working for me was because I kept accidentally deleting all the art assets.

Sorry for the confusion, and thanks for the response! Far as I can tell the app is working fine now.
Ha thanks for the update. You can put an empty file called '.nomedia' in the Zeta folder and Android *should* ignore any images in there

Return to “Projects”