Getting A KeyBind using ACS

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Please bear in mind that the people helping you do not automatically know how much you know. You may be asked to upload your project file to look at. Don't be afraid to ask questions about what things mean, but also please be patient with the people trying to help you. (And helpers, please be patient with the person you're trying to help!)
Enjay

Getting A KeyBind using ACS

Post by Enjay »

Is this possible? I found an old thread from 2007 that said no but that was 15 years ago so things may have changed. I could swear I've seen it in a mod somewhere.

I'm trying to make a tutorial map and it would be useful if I could print a message to the screen telling the player which key to press to perform certain tasks, or telling them that the key that function that they need is not currently bound to a key.

At the moment I'm just resorting to telling the player what the default is and that they will need to bind certain keys at the options menu.
Blue Shadow

Re: Getting A KeyBind using ACS

Post by Blue Shadow »

Check the last example in [wiki]Print[/wiki].
Enjay

Re: Getting A KeyBind using ACS

Post by Enjay »

Aha! Exactly what I was looking for. Works perfectly. Thank you once again.

Return to “Scripting”