A question about 2d

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Please bear in mind that the people helping you do not automatically know how much you know. You may be asked to upload your project file to look at. Don't be afraid to ask questions about what things mean, but also please be patient with the people trying to help you. (And helpers, please be patient with the person you're trying to help!)
tetssian

A question about 2d

Post by tetssian »

I was wondering if someone has ever did a 2d platformer using zdoom acs and if you did, how you made it?, i have a little project and was wondering if it was possible to use zdoom for it since its a little 2d platformer.
Jarewill

Re: A question about 2d

Post by Jarewill »

It is indeed possible to make a 2D platformer using ACS, though I recommend using ZScript instead.
ZScript will require a bit of learning, but it will return way better results.

However if you want to use ACS for this, I have an example platformer made that I can share.
Hope this helps you.
Note: I have pretty much ripped this whole thing to just code. All graphics and sounds I used in this aren't included.
Attachments
Zero Discount.pk3
(18.25 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
tetssian

Re: A question about 2d

Post by tetssian »

ok, i will check it out, thank you

Return to “Scripting”