The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

Post by drfrag »

I know that, only 32 MB but like i said now i think i put non EDO ram there. Back in the day i tried to play Quake on a DX4-75 and it ran like shit, now i know i should have overclocked it to 100 MHz. But anyway i had a slow isa card back then.
InsanityBringer

Post by InsanityBringer »

I have gotten a 4K display for christmas, because my old 1440p monitor while nice and big (I'm keeping it just for text heh) had some pretty massive frame blending issues, so playing Doom or rhythm games was a distracting blurfest (especially with black objects for some reason). This new one is much better.

In entirely unrelated news, I spent an entire day making sure every project I work on is properly able to handle high DPI screens. Entirely unrelated.
yum13241
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): EndeavorOS (basically Arch)
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by yum13241 »

InsanityBringer wrote:I have gotten a 4K display for christmas, because my old 1440p monitor while nice and big (I'm keeping it just for text heh) had some pretty massive frame blending issues, so playing Doom or rhythm games was a distracting blurfest (especially with black objects for some reason). This new one is much better.

In entirely unrelated news, I spent an entire day making sure every project I work on is properly able to handle high DPI screens. Entirely unrelated.

Congrats! :D
NotAPortalKit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by NotAPortalKit »

Got started on game development for the first time in November after being burned out with modding some stupid rhythm game for months on end :)

I'll probably do more with ZDoom shiz later in 2022 (after like months of inactivity with anything doom related for abour a year now)
yum13241

Post by yum13241 »

I'm just resuming my normal business of GZDoom mod developing.

And on a side note, my taskbar is on the left.
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

This year ends on shit note for me: i was let go from my delivery job and was jobless for about a month and i got a speeding ticket the other day. what shitty luck.
yum13241

Post by yum13241 »

lizardcommando wrote:This year ends on shit note for me: i was let go from my delivery job and was jobless for about a month and i got a speeding ticket the other day. what shitty luck.

Well that stinks.
SanyaWaffles
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11 for the Motorola Powerstack II
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by SanyaWaffles »

Been fasting today and tomorrow and taking a prep for a procedure. Been facing some nasty health issues. I hope my transportation works out.

Also my bed fell apart.

[thumbs up]
Craneo
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Craneo »

Not really a "last do" thing, but I am in the process to try and lose weight, from eating a bit less and trying to keep my sleep schelude in check, to changing my medicine to one that doesn't cause weight gain and hunger, I went from being like 145 kg to 136-137 kg (or atleast I was at 136kg when I weight myself this morning), I also started going outside for walks as I had not been able to go outside that often before since the pandemic started (literally like 2 years of not going outside except for when getting vaccine shots or when being inside my dad's car), also I started this process I think last month in december (the weight loss I mean, the walking I started 3 days ago)
ramon.dexter
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by ramon.dexter »

Finally learned how to use github. Wow, this is just like getting new pair of arms :D
KynikossDragonn
Operating System Version (Optional): Void Linux
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by KynikossDragonn »

Just before 2022 rolled around my father went in for a colonoscopy, but they were unable to even get the camera probe far enough due to a stage 4 tumor blocking it.

Yesterday he was admitted to the hospital, staying overnight for a bypass procedure (I don't know what the medical term for it is called, just a port+bag) and I guess also a review of what chemotherapy might be attempted. I overheard that evidently the health insurance isn't going to cover much if any at all.

So right now I'm not sure what to do. I'm basically going to end up essentially disappearing off of the internet through a combination of losing my phone number due to not being able to even remotely afford it under my own name (because I have no line of credit so they want some ridiculous "security charge" fee) and also the fact I'd just go homeless due to having no stable income enough to cover the costs and upkeep of everything here.

Don't really know what to tell anybody, my days are numbered apparently.
DeeDeeOZ

Post by DeeDeeOZ »

Hoping everyone has bit better year this time. Both my manager and assistant manager resigned over new year which has been a bit interesting, Should be okay but defiantly a transition period.
Also attempting to lose some weight. Being constantly put in lockdown for last 2 years has not been ideal for the old waistline. Haven't been this heavy in 10 years and back then it was muscle, now not so much.

On a more humorous note was trying to help my wife find some old photos on USP and found some hidden treasure.
TREASURE 1
Spoiler:
TREASURE 2
Spoiler:
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

About them treasured memories, that's very sweet of you! Mine are eccentric to the core but it feels nice to remake them and reshape them into something new, something creative! Also good luck with the workout.

Finally made this animation. Eeeeyup this is certainly burnout thing.
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by irontusk341 »

Working on the graphic designs for my Book Series
Last edited by irontusk341 on Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

New animation o yus

Return to “Off-Topic”