The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Nash

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

Post by Nash »

Enjay: I didn't know you enjoyed CP2077. Glad to see I'm not the only person defending the game. :P

You pretty much said all that needs to be said - overpromised but under-delivered game. And I agree with all of the criticisms it's getting. It's a very janky game. For all of its shortcomings though, I do enjoy what is already there - amazing writing and voice acting, massive and impressive map (even more impressive when you look at it from a game developer/level artist perspective) and lots of atmosphere.

It does unfortunately boil down to a very fancy-looking walking simulator though. Gameplay loop is very weak. I just played it for the story. For an open world game, it lacks things that make other open world games good (Elder Scrolls, Fallout, GTA, etc).

I couldn't get more hours out of it - I already did all of missions (main and side), saw all endings, cleared all assaults and NCPD icons. Only thing I haven't cleared is purchasing all the vehicles, which I simply just can't be bothered to do. When I'm bored, I just walk around the city or drive around (like I said, walking simulator :D).
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

Just been playing through Quake and starting to edit my second novel. Keep getting myself killed on Palace of Hate and forgetting to save!
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by irontusk341 »

Dealt with flooded Roads today. The one pic with the river on the bridge. That was the Conemaugh river near Johnstown Pennsylvania. Near the Now Failed Wilmore Dam.
Attachments
ida.jpg
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Damn that looks terrible. Please be safe!
yum13241
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): EndeavorOS (basically Arch)
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by yum13241 »

Captain J wrote:Damn that looks terrible. Please be safe!

Minecraft be like:Mmph, mmph!
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

yum13241 wrote:

Minecraft villager: Herm, huh.. Herm.... :P lol
yum13241
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): EndeavorOS (basically Arch)
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by yum13241 »

irontusk341 wrote:
yum13241 wrote:

Minecraft villager: Herm, huh.. Herm.... :P lol

1.17 added Doom references to the splashes. Whoever did that should be promoted.

I've seen these ones:
Spoiler:

That's all I've seen.
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Project Shadowcat »

MAP11 has two names! has been in Minecraft for a very, very long time. Practically since the beginning.
Nash

Post by Nash »

So someone posted a video of them playing my game ElderJam when...

They were fully using the mouse to operate the menu (which seems natural, for most casual gamers today), clicked on some letters on the onscreen keyboard... and couldn't figure out how to "confirm" the save. They didn't know the "ED" button was it. Nor did it occur to them that they can press Enter on the keyboard.

So finally? They ended up just not saving. They canceled it and continued playing. :P

I love videos like this. This is pure, unfiltered user experience. These people do not play Doom, don't know what source ports are, and are just casual players.
The Toxic Avenger

Post by The Toxic Avenger »

irontusk341 wrote:Dealt with flooded Roads today. The one pic with the river on the bridge. That was the Conemaugh river near Johnstown Pennsylvania. Near the Now Failed Wilmore Dam.
Here in NJ it wasn't much better:
https://i.imgur.com/E3lSL5R.jpg

That was my work parking lot on Thursday as I was leaving. That river receded a fair bit over the next day but the county I work in still has two river flood warnings, both for the same river in different areas, one is just listed as "until further notice". I'm in an area that got about 7 inches of rain in about 12 hours, which is almost 2x what we normally get in a month.
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Hexereticdoom »

I think I haven't commented on it here before, but as a big fan that I am of the 80's Knight Rider series, I recently created a small collage as a desktop background with KITT and KARR as the main characters of it... B-)

If by chance there is someone around here who also likes the series, feel free to download it if you want.

Right down here is the link with contains the full-sized PNG image (the above one is just a loosy JPG preview):

https://www.mediafire.com/view/gol4fukq ... 9.png/file
leileilol
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by leileilol »

Nash wrote:I love videos like this. This is pure, unfiltered user experience. These people do not play Doom, don't know what source ports are, and are just casual players.
I see it as a highlight of usability issues (like for couch/bed with controller settings) than "lol casuals" and there's not really many source ports that cater towards this with regards to lowering keyboard barriers. UI input accessibility is something I really need to work on myself (OSD keyboard for entering player name, and chat macros) and there's the annoying unfinished scripted UI system being the biggest technical barrier, I may have to create new button owners that add/delete/cursor in specific edit fields...
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

The Toxic Avenger wrote:
irontusk341 wrote:Dealt with flooded Roads today. The one pic with the river on the bridge. That was the Conemaugh river near Johnstown Pennsylvania. Near the Now Failed Wilmore Dam.
Here in NJ it wasn't much better:
https://i.imgur.com/E3lSL5R.jpg

That was my work parking lot on Thursday as I was leaving. That river receded a fair bit over the next day but the county I work in still has two river flood warnings, both for the same river in different areas, one is just listed as "until further notice". I'm in an area that got about 7 inches of rain in about 12 hours, which is almost 2x what we normally get in a month.
My fellow storm chaser friend texted me and was like "hey did you hear about Wilmore dam? I was like, uh... no. what's going on?" He's like "dude... Get out of there you're about to get hit with a flooded river (The Conemaugh River)." I was like, "Uh.... I;m on the bridge, i don't see a swell." He was like, "its coming".. When i saw pieces of wood and browner water, i took a quick snap, got in my chase vehicle and got the hell out of there... Pretty scary. But that's the thrill of the hunt.
Nash

Post by Nash »

leileilol wrote: I see it as a highlight of usability issues (like for couch/bed with controller settings) than "lol casuals" and there's not really many source ports that cater towards this with regards to lowering keyboard barriers. UI input accessibility is something I really need to work on myself (OSD keyboard for entering player name, and chat macros) and there's the annoying unfinished scripted UI system being the biggest technical barrier, I may have to create new button owners that add/delete/cursor in specific edit fields...
Yeah, exactly. I'm not "lol casual"'ing this guy - this was a legitimately good video IMO. I know exactly what needs to be done to improve things for users like this.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Generation smartphone...
This happens when they get too used to operating computing devices without a real keyboard. What's not on the screen does not exist, apparently.

Return to “Off-Topic”