[4.6pre-229] Player color not changing using Vulkan

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

grahf78
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

[4.6pre-229] Player color not changing using Vulkan

Post by grahf78 »

I don't know since when this bug has been present, but I just noticed it using the latest devbuild (aaf8323eb294b1a5ab258b729df714488be11c2a).

Using Vulkan, if you go to Player Setup and change colors, they don't get reflected in the player preview box, instead it uses the last color that was applied to the sprite (caching related?).

Steps to reproduce:

- Use the Vulkan backend.
- Go to Player Setup, and change the player color.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: [4.6pre-229] Player color not changing using Vulkan

Post by Rachael »

I will investigate this further later if I have time, but I had to stop temporarily. So far in my investigation though, I've found that VkRenderState::ApplyMaterial() is not called anywhere near the same way that FGLRenderState::ApplyMaterial(FMaterial *mat, int clampmode, int translation, int overrideshader) is - which has actual parameters in its function prototype. Which is relevant because the GL version has this line:

Code: Select all

lastTranslation = translation;
Hopefully I can do more with this later. Not even sure if I am hitting the right function here - but the Vulkan version of that function is quite a bit more simplified.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Well turns out I can't fix this one on my own, I don't know enough about what is going on here. I attempted this to fix it:
Spoiler:
but that did absolutely nothing to help with the situation.
Lippeth

Post by Lippeth »

I noticed that this seemed to be fixed in gzdoom-x64-g4.6pre-259-gfef835bca, but is misbehaving again in gzdoom-x64-g4.6pre-264-gbe4e19b07.

EDIT: I take it back, I was using OpenGL when it worked, and didn't notice the correlation.

Return to “Vulkan Renderer Bugs”