[UPDATED] Hakros Doom Launcher v.1.6

Launchers like ZDL, DoomRunner, and others belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
cs89

Re: Hakros Doom Launcher v.1.3

Post by cs89 »

I tried out the Hakros Doom Launcher and I like its GUI and the grouping of GzDoom mods.
I will checking out the 1.5 version when that'll be out. :)
Gamerwarrior117

Re: Hakros Doom Launcher v.1.3

Post by Gamerwarrior117 »

1.5? cool. so skipped 1.4, lol.

not a problem. looking forward to the new version.

good time to be a doom fan.
hakrosinteractive
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Hakros Doom Launcher v.1.5

Post by hakrosinteractive »

Hi guys new version 1.6 it's already ready !!

I'll hope you like it :D !!

Reveal trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRd8LgDQgME
Video demo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXlDntckSyI
Last edited by hakrosinteractive on Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HDV

Post by HDV »

I've been waiting for this update, it's beautiful! Been using it since December I think. This launcher is the reason i've been trying a lot of mods and maps. it's so comfy and easy to use, and now its so much better. Thanks for dedicating your free time on making this beauty, hope more people start using it ^^
hakrosinteractive

HDV wrote:I've been waiting for this update, it's beautiful! Been using it since December I think. This launcher is the reason i've been trying a lot of mods and maps. it's so comfy and easy to use, and now its so much better. Thanks for dedicating your free time on making this beauty, hope more people start using it ^^
Thank you very much for your interest and I am very glad that you like it.
Enjoy it :-D !!
Brohnesorge
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Win10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [UPDATED] Hakros Doom Launcher v.1.6

Post by Brohnesorge »

whoa hey I just noticed this and it looks super cool, I'll need to download it and give it a whirl when I get home.
hakrosinteractive

Brohnesorge wrote:whoa hey I just noticed this and it looks super cool, I'll need to download it and give it a whirl when I get home.
Thanks so much, i'll hope you like it :D !!
hakrosinteractive

I've added 50 new mods/addons and 100 new maps !
Last edited by hakrosinteractive on Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
irukanjji

Post by irukanjji »

Hi Hakros, can you give a list for all new mods and maps, please
hakrosinteractive

irukanjji wrote:Hi Hakros, can you give a list for all new mods and maps, please
Through the content explorer you can see all mods, addons and maps added and use the filter between new ones and installed.
hakrosinteractive

Hey everyone.
I'm working on next release and it will be available very soon.
If you have any suggestion please, comment it.

Thanks to all.
mamaluigisbagel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11

Post by mamaluigisbagel »

After a really annoying bug with Doom Runner thats been there for a year or so, I've been looking for another launcher and I do like the sound of this one. The only thing I can't stand, similar to the Doom Launcher called "Doom Launcher," it seems to me like if you want to add a bunch of mods/wads you have on your PC, you have to do so one at a time. It gets really annoying and tedious for someone like me who has 34.9 GB of mods and maps.

I do want to like this one. I just personally don't want to deal with all the work it takes to import all my mods right now. I get that this has a big focus on downloading mods via the launcher, but a lot of the time I imagine a mod will either not be available in the launcher for download yet, or will be outdated.

EDIT: I also haven't found a way to use command line arguments, which is a deal breaker since I use separate save folders and configs.
Last edited by mamaluigisbagel on Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SoulCircle

Post by SoulCircle »

I'm seriously loving this launcher, so far. I've come from Doom Runner myself and to see an all-in-one downloader and main launcher in this manner here is honestly perfect. I love how it's all laid out and how customizable it is. Thanks for this, mate!
Red Helix

Post by Red Helix »

mamaluigisbagel wrote:After a really annoying bug with Doom Runner thats been there for a year or so, I've been looking for another launcher and I do like the sound of this one. The only thing I can't stand, similar to the Doom Launcher called "Doom Launcher," it seems to me like if you want to add a bunch of mods/wads you have on your PC, you have to do so one at a time. It gets really annoying and tedious for someone like me who has 34.9 GB of mods and maps.
I was having this problem with doom runner, but I realized yesterday I can just open up an explorer window, shift click and drag and drop all at once into the mods folder. Try it out, it might not be what you're after but it works p well.
hakrosinteractive

SoulCircle wrote:I'm seriously loving this launcher, so far. I've come from Doom Runner myself and to see an all-in-one downloader and main launcher in this manner here is honestly perfect. I love how it's all laid out and how customizable it is. Thanks for this, mate!
Thanks so much i
I'm very glad you like it. :mrgreen: !!

Return to “Launchers”