missing controller presets in the menu

Remember, just because you request it, that doesn't mean you'll get it.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

r321

missing controller presets in the menu

Post by r321 »

Setting up controller in GZDoom is currently quite a hassle and I think that there should be controller presets available for the most used controllers in GZDoom (similarly as in Doomsday Engine).
I have DS4 controller and in order to get it working correctly, I must map all buttons plus change settings to:
1st: Strafing
2nd: Moving Forward
3rd: None (changed from Turning)
4th: None (changed from Looking Up and Down)
5th: Looking Up/Down (changed from None)
6th: Turning (changed from None)
It would be nice if a player could just choose DS4 presets in the menu and play the game.
Nash

Re: missing controller presets in the menu

Post by Nash »

There are some hardcoded default bindings for XBox controllers but yeah, being able to pick presets for Dual Shock and XBox in the game menu would be nice. Could use the default gamepad layout from the console versions of Doom as a starting point, then fill in the other buttons with ZDoom's expanded controls.
r321

Post by r321 »

Yes, maybe there could be even autodetection. I wonder - these default sticks controller settings that I had to completely remap are for Xbox controllers? I do not have it to test it but thought that DS4 and Xbox sticks should be mapped similarly.
Last edited by r321 on Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

@ r321: Please don't post your messages twice. Once is quite sufficient. If it takes a while to approve them, it's because there aren't people constantly watching the forums when you post.
r321

Post by r321 »

Ok, thanks for info. This is novelty for me as I do not need to wait on other forums after editing a post. Anyway, back to the topic.
I have found this older post about X360 controller. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=58717#p1030837
Could somebody with Xbox controller test if it works with default settings? I have suspicion that these are incorrrect for X360 and newer Xbox controllers too.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

r321 wrote:Ok, thanks for info. This is novelty for me as I do not need to wait on other forums after editing a post.
That only happens for the first few posts as spam (etc) protection. Once you have a few posts under your belt, the need for approval goes away.

viewtopic.php?t=25967

Return to “Feature Suggestions [GZDoom]”