Setting ambient sound distance?!

Ask about mapping, UDMF, using DoomBuilder/editor of choice, etc, here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.
Mav3r1ck

Re: Setting ambient sound distance?!

Post by Mav3r1ck »

Yes, the example provided is correct and it works and shows the correct radius circles for the fade and heard. Though something strange happened when I attempted.

I started a new map and used thing 14065 and assigned it the ambient sound I wanted to use and it worked for some reason. It works sometimes and it doesn't for some reason. Sorry about the missing example.wad, I'll still upload it when I can.

Can it be a bug with the builder itself?
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I guess it could be a bug, but it's not one that I have encountered. I think that it is more likely to be something going on with your project or what you are doing with it.

I have noticed that when I am editing the parameters on a 14065 thing, nothing changes until all of the relevant parameters have been entered. So if I leave one of the distance values at 0 but enter something for the other one, nothing changes. Both values need to be entered. It's probably not that causing your problem but I thought I'd mention it because it's all I can think of.
Mav3r1ck

Post by Mav3r1ck »

That's the same issue I'm having, but it works when I have all the arguments entered to certain values for the ambient sounds. At first, sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't and I couldn't figure out what I was doing at the time.

Return to “Mapping”