[Duplicates] Pointblank shot does not frag the imp

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Pointblack shot does not frag the imp

Post by Kappes Buur »

I seem to recall, that this had been mentioned earlier. But for the life of me I cannot find the post where it was mentioned.

The imp stands right in front of me, so close that it is zapping me. I shoot it, pointblank, with the SSG. Nothing. I shoot it again. Nothing. Then I draw back a little bit, then shoot and finally the imp goes down.

That appears to be map independent, as it happened while playing different maps.

But the puzzling thing is, that it does not happen all the time.

I am using ZDoom 2.0.52
Malphas

Post by Malphas »

In a similarly related case, I noticed that my weapons seem to have been stronger than I last recall. I charged at a Hell Knight with my rocket launcher, expecting 3 rockets will take it down.

One was all it took. :shock:

I wonder if coming at it from an angle may have something to do with it... :?:
The Ultimate DooMer

Post by The Ultimate DooMer »

This has always been in ZDoom - for some reason it makes the old shots-going-through-monsters bug worse than it was in vanilla. So imps take more than one shell more often than not (whereas it should be one shell most of the time).

It is to do with angles, though.
Hirogen2
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hirogen2 »

Remember that a shell is seven pellets, and AFAIK, like seven independent spread bullets.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

There was a recently reported and now fixed bug about the rocket damage.

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?t=989
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

This is two separate issues that both deal with the blockmap. The first is a vanilla Doom bug that didn't properly check ALL blocks that an enemy was in when plotting a hitscan trace, which made the Imp harder to hit (OR it could have been the 20480 unit length bug that caused calculation overflows). Either way, both of those bugs have been fixed for the next version.

The second bug, in which an enemy takes more blast damage than it should, and thus goes down more quickly, is another blockmap bug, this one introduced in ZDoom, which caused blast damage that spanned multiple blocks to be applied multiple times, obviously incorrect, now fixed for the next version.
Malphas

Post by Malphas »

Thanks for the heads-up, HotWax and Enjay. :)
randi
Site Admin

Post by randi »

I assume this is duplicates of the bugs that have already been mentioned. If 2.0.53 still does it, post this again.

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”