zdoom crashing upon starting

Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:50 pm

Not a bug, i think. I'm sure i'm just doing something wrong. I'll explain.
I ended up deleting my entire Doom folder a few weeks ago, and yesterday i wanted to play it.

What I have done now is place my doom, doom2, heretic, hexen and hexdd wads with the 1.22 release and then 47i in a new folder. when i try and run zdoom, the screen goes black ad freezes, forcing a restart. upon restart, my desktop was set to display in 320x240 :shock: this happens every time now

what the hell did i do wrong? or is it something else maybe?

Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:29 pm

Zdoom 47i is not compatible with any files from the 1.22 release except the bots.cfg. You are possibly using zdoom.wad from 1.22 with zdoom.exe from 47i, or vice versa. Make sure you have the entire release of 47i, which is three files (zdoom.exe, zdoom.wad and fmod.dll). Delete any .ini file. Be sure you are then executing 47i (check properties if you have a shortcut to zdoom) in the new folder.

Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:31 am

To keep things simple for me, I loaded all my IWADS into a specific folder, which I called 'orgwads'.
Then I loaded all the 47i files into a folder 'ZDoom47i', including the subfolder 'zcajun' from 1.22, to give me the 'bots.cfg'.

Then in 'zdoom-username.ini' I entered this:

Code:
[IWADSearch.Directories]
Path=L:/orgwads              <---  change this for your setup
Path=$DOOMWADDIR
Path=$HOME
Path=$PROGDIR

Now ZDoom will find the IWADs, regardless of where you stuff the zdoom files.

Wed Oct 22, 2003 5:20 pm

Thanks Biff, problem solved.