Fri Oct 17, 2003 3:05 pm

Well, it will be fixed for ACC 1.31. ACC uses a different function for preoperators that aren't part of an assignment operation, and that function hadn't been updated to know about arrays.

Sun Oct 19, 2003 10:40 pm

Ty Halderman wrote:Personal preference is to use pre or post at the beginning or end respectively of a block of code, anywhere that it really doesn't matter. Of course where there are side effects or more specific actions like in a for() statement, do what makes sense--this is just where it's otherwise completely immaterial which is used. (no, I didn't post-decrement "sense" or pre-decrement "this" in the sentence above :roll:

Code:
++i;
j=foo(i+arg2);
j--;

Don't you mean
Code:
j=foo(++i+arg2)-1;

?

Mon Oct 20, 2003 6:29 pm

Not really. My j=foo(...) was intended to represent complex and obscure logic, around which I placed my semi-bracketing pre/post inc/dec operations.

Okay, it was silly.

Mon Oct 20, 2003 10:25 pm

Ty Halderman wrote:Not really. My j=foo(...) was intended to represent complex and obscure logic, around which I placed my semi-bracketing pre/post inc/dec operations.

Okay, it was silly.

Yes, but mine accomplishes the same function without incurring the predecriment problem. :)