disrespect of dmflags command line argument

Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:07 pm

So, I have reason to use a feature not often remarked about in LZDoom;
the ability to start a single-person network deathmatch game. Here is the
command line I'm using to start:
lzdoom -host 1 -skill 4 -deathmatch +dmflags 148608 +dmflags2 1049098 -file ./vv2build1.wad +map map01
However, it doesn't respect the weaponstay setting.
After issuing the above command line, I go into Options->Gameplay Options to find the line at the top reads:
DMFLAGS = 148612 DMFLAGS2 = 1049098
further entry into Deathmatch Settings shows:
WEAPONS STAY YES
Toggling to NO yields the expected drop of DMFLAGS from 148612 to 148608, which is what I'd initially
requested on the command line.
According to https://zdoom.org/wiki/DMFlags:
"Weapons Stay (DM) DMFlags OFF 4 Weapons aren't removed from the map when a player picks them up; Doesn't work with weapons dropped by enemies"
My first foray into this issue was actually on LZDoom 3.85 for Windows. The Windows machine I use for some
of my development is running Windows XP and won't load the newer 3.88 version of LZDoom.
Please advise me of the error in my ways if I'm not understanding the usage of the dmflags settings properly.
lzdoom148612.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: disrespect of dmflags command line argument

Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:55 am

That's not a bug, the same happens in GZDoom. With the -deathmatch parameter you make the weapons stay you need to use -altdeath. Besides you cannot change the deathmatch CVAR from the command line.
BTW 3.87c runs on XP with the appropiate OpenAL dll (XP fix file there). https://github.com/drfrag666/gzdoom/releases/tag/3.87c

Re: disrespect of dmflags command line argument

Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:30 am

Many happy thanks for both the -altdeath tip as well as the XP fix for 3.87c!!
Everything worked as intended now. My map-testing self is filled with holiday joy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.