Major Bugs In 4.8.0 graphical and sound so far.

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.

Major Bugs In 4.8.0 graphical and sound so far.

Post by Guest »

So I tried converting over to V 4.8.0 only to have major graphical bugs especially when accessing menus they'd flicker especially if you accessed them before starting a game. If you had screen wipe set to melt something weird would happen when the melt occurred I had to go to different one to get it to quit. Also sounds for weapons would either disappear or loop so I went back to V 4.7.1 and all bugs disappeared. Clearly this version was not ready for a release yet. These bugs existed in Brutal Doom V21 and Don Ramon's Duke Weapons & Monsters Mod. Everything works fine in V 4.7.1, but in V 4.8.0 all heck breaks loose.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: Major Bugs In 4.8.0 graphical and sound so far.

Post by Graf Zahl »

Abner Choblinghodge wrote:Clearly this version was not ready for a release yet.
Clearly you seem to be the only one having such major problems.

But before anybody can help you you got to post your system's specs.

Post by Guest »

My Computer Specs Are As Follows:
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
Mobo: GA-970A-D3P (Rev 1.0)
CPU: AMD FX 8350 8 Core (4000Mhz - 4200Mhz)
Memory: 16GB
Video: Gigabyte Radeon RX 580 8GB
Sound: Sound Blaster Audigy
SSD's: 2X Samsung EVO 860's 500GB
Power: Corsair 1000W
CD/DVD: DVD ROM, CD/DVD Writer
morningstars10

Post by morningstars10 »

I have the exact same issues, with a way worse computer, I have had to downgrade back to 4.7.1
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

We're going to need some specs and (hopefully) some footage of the problem occurring.
morningstars10

Post by morningstars10 »

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer HP
System Model HP ProBook 455 G3
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD A10-8700P Radeon R6, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G, 1800 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date HP N79 Ver. 01.13, 8/8/2016
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Embedded Controller Version 146.98
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer HP
BaseBoard Product 80EF
BaseBoard Version KBC Version 92.62
Platform Role Mobile
Secure Boot State On
PCR7 Configuration Elevation Required to View
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.19041.1741"
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 15.4 GB
Available Physical Memory 9.88 GB
Total Virtual Memory 15.8 GB
Available Virtual Memory 9.12 GB
Page File Space 400 MB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Kernel DMA Protection Off
Virtualization-based security Not enabled
Device Encryption Support Elevation Required to View
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware No
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

These are my specs, I run the game off a microsd card tho.
I could take a photo of it occuring, it only happens on first menu access
Edit: it happens even when it isn't on microsd card.
It happens every time with any mod at all like nashgore, rarely with no mods
Attachments
Capture.PNG

Post by Guest »

I apologize that I can't do footage or a picture, but hopefully this will describe in more detail what I experienced. So when I converted all my games over to GZDoom 4.8.0 rather with Doom 1 & 2, Doom 2 Reloaded, Doom Zero, SGTMARKIV Original Starter Pack, and Final Doom rather it be with Brutal Doom V21 or Don Ramon's Duke Nukem Weapons & Monsters Mod V10b on random the options menu would flicker back and forth text making it impossible to read the options menu, but as far I know this did not occur in game just when you first opened GZDoom 4.8.0 and went directly to the options menu. This glitch could also occur in game, but I didn't play long enough to find out. When using the feature screen wipe style melt when it would do the melt I would see some weird graphical issues occur, but switching to any other wipe style seem to fix the problem this was with all games and map packs I listed above. The sound issue occurred mostly in Don Ramon's Duke Nukem Weapons & Monsters Mod V10b with the machine gun and shocker gun. When using the machine gun the shooting sound disappeared totally. When using the shocker gun when using the charge up feature of the gun and releasing the sound would continuously loop till I switched weapons then it would go away, but if I repeated it it'd happen again. In Brutal Doom V21 it was really hard to tell if sound disappeared or not, but I think it might of with the mancubus cannon/flamethrower, but I could be wrong there. As far as the weapons acting up in Brutal Doom V21 if using the Give All cheat the machine gun I think started with 500 ammo instead of what I had set in the ammo.txt file for Brutal Doom V21 which was 9999 and the gun would flicker, but if I switched from the machine gun and come back to it I think it fixed itself!? This is all I experienced when using 4.8.0 so far, but I'm sure there are more bugs in it then just this that need addressing. Just as a side note not a single one of this problems I'm having existed in 4.7.1 so that's why I went back to it and everything is working just fine now. I was lucky I had backups or I would have been up a creek without a paddle getting my games back to normal.

My Computer Specs Are As Follows:
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
Mobo: GA-970A-D3P (Rev 1.0)
CPU: AMD FX 8350 8 Core (4000Mhz - 4200Mhz)
Memory: 16GB
Video: Gigabyte Radeon RX 580 8GB
Sound: Sound Blaster Audigy
SSD's: 2X Samsung EVO 860's 500GB
Power: Corsair 1000W
CD/DVD: DVD ROM, CD/DVD Writer

Return to “Technical Issues”