I Cant play doom 2 IWAD compatible wads on gzdoom

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.

I Cant play doom 2 IWAD compatible wads on gzdoom

Post by Guest »

Exactly what the title says. i cant play wads/mods that need the doom 2 iwad. Whenever i drag n drop wads/pk3s like sunlust,ancient aliens etc. it automaticaly chooses The ultimate doom as the iwad.
I have no idea what changed that gzdoom does this. It originaly gave me the IWAD selection window but now it doesnt show crap and i dont know how to fix it. Does anyone have ideas?
If you cant tell im relatively new to Gzdoom and modding in general.
Gez

Re: I Cant play doom 2 IWAD compatible wads on gzdoom

Post by Gez »

Perhaps you've accidentally disabled the IWAD selection window? The wiki has [wiki=IWAD selection box]several methods to bring it back[/wiki] if needed.
Apeirogon

Re: I Cant play doom 2 IWAD compatible wads on gzdoom

Post by Apeirogon »

Use dedicated launcher. There you can choose what mods/maps/etc. should be loaded with what iwad and in what order.

For example ZDL
https://zdoom.org/wiki/ZDL
It works for all Doom source ports (Gzdoom Zdoom, Boom, Prboom, I lack fantasy-oom)

Tutorial how to use ZDL
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=72099

Return to “Technical Issues”