Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:03 pm
I switched to Linux (Artix) recently, and I've just been wanting to play DOOM 2, but everytime I finish a level, the game freezes/crashes, and my only option is to kill the game from terminal. I'm running (what I believe to be) the latest version, and I'm not sure what's going wrong. worked just fine on Windows. I tried using ZDOOM, and the problem doesn't occur there, but bein honest, I just don't really wanna use ZDOOM lmao.
Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:37 am
What would help are your system specifications.
1) What version of Artix are you using?
2) What desktop environment is it configured to use? (i.e. MATE, Xfce, GNOME, KDE, etc)
3) Is your desktop environment using Wayland or X11?
4) Do you know what versions of libraries it is using and what libraries you have installed? (Particularly SDL2, but any external libraries of note would be helpful)
5) How did you acquire the latest version? Did you compile it yourself? Did you install an official package? How did you install it?
6) What is your computer's processor? Make, model, speed, and cores.
7) What is your computer's graphics chip? Make and model, and the OpenGL/Vulkan version it is using.
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
phpBB Mobile / SEO by Artodia.