Installing Brutal Doom mod has no effect

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
LaughableEgo
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Installing Brutal Doom mod has no effect

Post by LaughableEgo »

I am trying to install the latest Brutal Doom mod (Along with the metal soundtrack and the 9.0 expansion pack for the Brutal Doom v21 mod) for Ultimate Doom and it has no effect on the game. I am also trying to use the GZDoom port that I downloaded as well. I am not sure if I am using the Steam's Doom port instead of using GZDoom and the files that I renamed and added to the base file of the game is only compatible with the GZDoom source port.

This is the YouTube video that I watched to do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1CqHYnRnfQ

And images of the files that are in Ultimate Doom's base folder named have been attached to this post.

Any input would be much appreciated.
Attachments
Base Folder2.PNG
Base Folder1.PNG
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them

Re: Installing Brutal Doom mod has no effect

Post by wildweasel »

Start over and use these instructions instead. I don't know who keeps telling people to replace EXEs in Steam with GZDoom, but that is not how this is supposed to work, and many people accidentally break things trying to do that.
LaughableEgo

Post by LaughableEgo »

wildweasel wrote:Start over and use these instructions instead. I don't know who keeps telling people to replace EXEs in Steam with GZDoom, but that is not how this is supposed to work, and many people accidentally break things trying to do that.
Additional question: How do I run both the Brutal Doom .pk3 file and the Hell on Earth starter pack w/ fixed bugs .wad file together on GZDoom? Would I need to create a batch file? Would I be able to attach additional files to run on top of GZdoom this way? Thank you in advance.
axredneck
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by axredneck »

LaughableEgo wrote:Additional question: How do I run both the Brutal Doom .pk3 file and the Hell on Earth starter pack w/ fixed bugs .wad file together on GZDoom? Would I need to create a batch file? Would I be able to attach additional files to run on top of GZdoom this way? Thank you in advance.
You can use one of Doom launchers. I personally use Rocket Launcher (https://github.com/Doommarine23/RocketLauncher2).
LaughableEgo

Post by LaughableEgo »

Do I set any of the files along with everything else within the GZDoom folder? Or can I launch Rocket Launcher 2 from anywhere and add the files?
LaughableEgo

Post by LaughableEgo »

And also, I am getting the error "PLAYPAL not found". Any way to fix?
axredneck
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by axredneck »

LaughableEgo wrote:Do I set any of the files along with everything else within the GZDoom folder? Or can I launch Rocket Launcher 2 from anywhere and add the files?
I have Rocket Launcher installed in one directory, GZDoom - in other and doom2.wad and mods in third.

Return to “Technical Issues”