Screenshot problem

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
YeeTee2

Screenshot problem

Post by YeeTee2 »

Whenever I take a screenshot it says "could not open C:/Users/Owner/Desktop/ethan/GZDOOM/Screenshots/[file name]". I'm using stable 4.4.2 and my screenshot_dir command is C:/Users/Owner/Desktop/ethan/GZDOOM/Screenshots/
phantombeta
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Screenshot problem

Post by phantombeta »

Nothing here indicates there's a GZDoom bug, so I've moved this post to Technical Issues. This sounds like permission issues.
Does it work if you set it to use another folder, such as the Documents or Pictures folder? What about just "C:/Users/Owner/Desktop/ethan/GZDOOM"?
YeeTee2

Post by YeeTee2 »

phantombeta wrote:Does it work if you set it to use another folder, such as the Documents or Pictures folder? What about just "C:/Users/Owner/Desktop/ethan/GZDOOM"?
Tried them all, nada
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Try creating a new folder outside of the /Users area - let's say, C:\Temp\GZScreenshots - and set it to use that instead.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

It looks like you are running GZDoom from a sub folder of your Desktop. That may be the issue.
YeeTee2

Post by YeeTee2 »

Enjay wrote:It looks like you are running GZDoom from a sub folder of your Desktop. That may be the issue.
So do you suggest putting my folder on the desktop?
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

No, somewhere that is not associated with the desktop of any of Windows' "special" folders. Something like C:\Doom\GZDoom or C:\Games\GZDoom.
YeeTee2

Post by YeeTee2 »

Enjay wrote:No, somewhere that is not associated with the desktop of any of Windows' "special" folders. Something like C:\Doom\GZDoom or C:\Games\GZDoom.
It works now! Guess I gotta reconfigure all my ZDLs

Return to “Technical Issues”