Custom D_INTRO ends early

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
OkDoomer174
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Custom D_INTRO ends early

Post by OkDoomer174 »

I'm planning on making a custom Doom level pack, and so far, the early stuff is going well, but for some reason, songs end abruptly (see the example below). Why does this happen, and is there a way to fix it? Thanks!
Attachments
D_INTRO.zip
The (placeholder) custom title song I'm trying to use. Slightly edited version of silentzorah's Project: Redux "At Doom's Gate". Zipped because the forums don't like .MIDs.
(1.7 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: Custom D_INTRO ends early

Post by Kappes Buur »

You cannot expect it to play more than there is in the mid file.
About halfways in there is silence.

[imgur]https://i.imgur.com/MblORbr[/imgur]

The fix would be to truncate the silent part.
OkDoomer174
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: Custom D_INTRO ends early

Post by OkDoomer174 »

Kappes Buur wrote:You cannot expect it to play more than there is in the mid file.
About halfways in there is silence.

[imgur]https://i.imgur.com/MblORbr[/imgur]

The fix would be to truncate the silent part.
You see, I actually tried it without the silence, initially. The silence was an attempt to get it to not end early, simply by pushing the ending back. The song actually ends in the beginning of the ending note.

Return to “Technical Issues”