odd black sprite backgrounds

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
MattFright
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

odd black sprite backgrounds

Post by MattFright »

A while back i experienced my first instance of this in HellForged with their buffed pinky equivalent, to which i just went "well that's annoying, i guess i'll just put it down for now" thinking it was an issue exclusive to that mod, but nope, today i was playing Rowdy Rudy and i got the same issue again. A few weird things are that this only ever seems to happen with the hardware renderer, not the software renderer, it's only happened with these two, and only one monster in them (that i've seen), the others all render correctly. Does anybody know if there's any solution to this besides limiting myself to the software renderer?

openroadracer
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: odd black sprite backgrounds

Post by openroadracer »

Looks a lot like this: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=68228
MattFright

Post by MattFright »

oh okay it seems like the same solution applied here, thanks!
MattFright

Post by MattFright »

UPDATE: It only kind of works. Now all of the plasma marine's animations *but* the firing animation are fixed, yet for some reason, if i pause while the background is active and change the high quality resize mode to anything (even if i cycle back to the same one i was using, IE refreshing the option) gets rid of the background, but after 20 seconds or so of refreshing it, the problem comes back (scary).

EDIT: Nevermind i'm dumb, just got to the end of the thread you linked, problem solved :P

Return to “Technical Issues”