NEED HELP: extremly low fps in hardware mode

Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:08 am

0.3 fps in hardware mode, i get much better performance on other games and also used to get much better performance in doom, it just recently started doing that.
vid_maxfps is set to 200, i already tried reinstalling it wich didnt help and same problem with qzdoom and zandronum.
the pointer moves normal and in zandronum the menu works fine

Re: NEED HELP: extremly low fps in hardware mode

Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:18 am

Can you tell us what your hardware specs are?

Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:46 am

wildweasel wrote:Can you tell us what your hardware specs are?

4gb ram
intel hd graphics
intel pentium n3540

Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:09 pm

This is a longshot but try doing gl_renderbuffers 0 in the console. It fixed my FPS problems and made everything so much smoother.

Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:00 am

0.3 fps sounds more that something isn't working right. Are you using Windows 10 with the Creator's update? That update seems to whack OpenGL, according to other reports I got.

Mon May 01, 2017 11:44 am

Graf Zahl wrote:.3 fps sounds more that something isn't working right. Are you using Windows 10 with the Creator's update? That update seems to whack OpenGL, according to other reports I got.

yeh i'm using that

Mon May 01, 2017 11:49 am

Nevander wrote:This is a longshot but try doing gl_renderbuffers 0 in the console. It fixed my FPS problems and made everything so much smoother.

didn't work

Mon May 01, 2017 11:50 am

The creators update made it so that GZDoom took ages to start for me while sitting with a black screen (if it started at all). I reinstalled my drivers and the problem went away. I'm not sure how easy it is to find/install intel drivers. My card is an nVidia one.

Mon May 01, 2017 3:26 pm

Someone should create a gaming OS. Something designed specifically just for gaming and everything games need. That way, the only updates you get are to fix problems with games running and not "fix" things with the OS overall, something MS loves doing constantly.

Mon May 01, 2017 4:30 pm

Nevander wrote:Someone should create a gaming OS. Something designed specifically just for gaming and everything games need. That way, the only updates you get are to fix problems with games running and not "fix" things with the OS overall, something MS loves doing constantly.

So, like, SteamOS?

Fri May 12, 2017 11:05 am

UPDATE:
windows 10 had an update yesterday, it's working again...