Re: "Execution could not continue" - Your ZDoom may be too o

Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:02 am

Errors? Can't run that old mod? Your GZDoom or ZDoom may be too new!
Oof!

Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:21 am

Zenon wrote:Errors? Can't run that old mod? Your GZDoom or ZDoom may be too new!
Oof!

And how exactly does this add anything?

Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:48 am

A few mods have been broken recently by new updates
Thought it'd be worth informing any newcomers

Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:40 am

Zenon wrote:A few mods have been broken recently by new updates
Thought it'd be worth informing any newcomers

It may also be worth reporting to the mod's author and in the Bugs forum instead of making vague posts in a pin thread.

Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:28 am

This kind of FUD posts clearly help nobody. There's way to report problems, but some people really seem to get a rise from complaining and whining and therefore ensuring that the problem they can complain and whine about do not get fixed.

A few weeks someone over at Doomworld mentioned some map that doesn't work right in GZDoom - even when PMing the poster I did not get any useful information about what he complained, except more complaining.

Another good example is that sticky thread for "maps that require compatibility settings". But apparently nobody cares. Those who know about this keep quiet, often just to be able to complain from what I gather.

Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:16 pm

Graf Zahl wrote:Another good example is that sticky thread for "maps that require compatibility settings". But apparently nobody cares. Those who know about this keep quiet, often just to be able to complain from what I gather.

I only noticed the sticky yesterday. There's so many stickies and announcements all over the place that I have grown blind to such things.

Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:32 am

Hi guys, im kinda new to the whole ".wad" file thing, so I watched a bunch of tutorials to help me launch a doom wad file, but GZDoom keeps saying "fatal error" and that it cant detect any wads. in order to solve this, I moved the wads to the same directory as GZDoom, even changed the ini file, but it was still broken, so yet again I went to google for an answer. This time I installed ZDL but even that won't work. i have rechecked wether my GZDoom is the latest version, and it is. Help pls?

Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:08 am

Hmm. Can you show us a screenshot of what all is in your gzdoom folder?

Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:59 am

wildweasel wrote:Hmm. Can you show us a screenshot of what all is in your gzdoom folder?

thanks for responding, but my impatience got me and I instead tried LZDoom, which worked, however whenever I try loading up FreeDoom phase 2 it keeps saying "map has no vertices".

also nice to see the mod team responding so quickly and politely after all these years of the community being a bit inactive

Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:42 pm

BluSkies999 wrote:
wildweasel wrote:Hmm. Can you show us a screenshot of what all is in your gzdoom folder?

thanks for responding, but my impatience got me and I instead tried LZDoom, which worked, however whenever I try loading up FreeDoom phase 2 it keeps saying "map has no vertices".

also nice to see the mod team responding so quickly and politely after all these years of the community being a bit inactive

Nevertheless, please share a screencap of your GZDoom folder.

The FreeDoom problem tells me that somewhere down the line you aren't loading up the assets properly.

Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:25 pm

i have the latest gzdoom, but i cant rename project brutality master.zip to .pk3, even though i have hide extensions for known files unchecked.

Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:04 pm

y1nt wrote:i have the latest gzdoom, but i cant rename project brutality master.zip to .pk3, even though i have hide extensions for known files unchecked.

Is it giving you an error message?

Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:23 pm

If you can't run an older mod in the latest Zdoom, contact the developer of the mod and tell them to fix it.
In the meantime you can go to www.zdoom.org/news and download the last version you remember it working in.

Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:47 pm

My problem is this: I was trying to load a mod on GZDoom called gg_doom_god and my GZDoom just crashed in a very fatal error. It says:
(Access Violation - tried to read address 0000000000000028)
Here is the link to the mod: https://www.moddb.com/mods/doom-god/dow ... g-doom-god
Maybe is a problem of the mod but I don't know.
If someone knows the answer then PLEASE help me.

Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:33 pm

If the window allows you to Save a Crash Report, do so, and upload the CrashReport.zip for somebody to look at.