1. The title shouldn't just say "Bug" or "Crash", it should take the form of:
[ZDoom_Version] Effect : Possible_Cause
Here are some examples:
[2.5.0] Bug : Backpack messes up number of custom items
[2.4.1] Crash : Decorate actors using A_Custom Missle
[2.4.0] Total Lockup : Dividing by zero in ACS scripts
Always use the latest version you observed the bug in as your version number. Tags like "HEAD", "Latest", "Since forever" are completely useless. If you have a previous version number that you now worked, feel free to include it inside the report as well.
2. Please attach the 'CrashReport.zip' that is saved in the event of a crash.
3. If you experience a bug or crash with a custom WAD/PK3 file, please try one of the following:
3a. If a feature is not working correctly, providing a fully functional file for testing purposes will increase the likelihood that your bug will be investigated in a timely manner.
- Attach the WAD/PK3 file to the bug report post if the file is small enough
- Post a link to a download location for that WAD/PK3 file if possible
- Upload the WAD/PK3 file to a file-sharing host yourself and post the link (do not use non-permanent hosts like Rapidshare, MediaFire, etc...)
For example, if you are using a DECORATE function and it isn't working the way it should, you should include a fully-functional test wad or pk3 and not just an excerpt from your DECORATE code. Similarly, if something is not working in TEXTURES, provide an example wad or pk3 with a TEXTURES definition that illustrates the problem and the necessary graphics. Do the same for any other features.
4. Only post bugs and crashes for the most recent version of GZDoom (i.e. not Zandronum, ZDoomGL, or anything else). You may also want to check with a recent development build to see if this bug has already been fixed.
If the bug is for Zandronum, that has its own tracker: http://zandronum.com/tracker/my_view_page.php
5. If you post a bug for a self-compiled SVN version, please try to gather some information in the debugger yourself. Crash logs for such builds are of no use.
6. Do not send bug reports as private messages to the developers. These will most likely be ignored without investigation.
7. Please don't use the Report Post button to flag duplicates. Bump the thread instead, because the devs don't check the Moderator Control Panel and moderators prefer that Reports be used for posts that break the community rules.
Last edited by wildweasel on Mon May 08, 2017 4:55 pm, edited 47 times in total.
Reason: Some clarifications/updates