More Lights! V2.3

Sat May 08, 2021 12:30 pm

More Lights is a mod for ZDoom hardware accelerated ports that adds more dynamic lighting effects to most IWads and mods.

Download:
More Lights 2.3.zip

Here's the features!
-Glowing Flats for most ZDoom IWads
-Zandronum's dynamic lighting
-Save and demo compatible (Well, mostly.)
-Works in GZDoom and LZDoom Netgames!
-Compatible with Zandronum, GZDoom, LZDoom
-Support for various Megawads!

Here's a little comparison video between More Lights and GZDoom's lighting!

Supported IWads (GF = Glowing Flats, ODL = Overhauled Dynamic Lighting)
Spoiler:

Supported Mods

Spoiler:

Oh, by the way! I'm accepting mod request! PM me here or on my Discord!

2.3 Change log
- Support for Shrine 1 and 2, Blasphemer, Struggle - Antaresian Legacy.
- Overhauled Rise Of The Wool Ball support. (Save are NOT compatible due to ACS!)
- Reformatted the PK3.
- Fixed FreeDoom issues.
- Made improvements to the GitHub Page. (Mainly the wiki)
- Updated Separate WADs

Have a question? Visit the new wiki on the GitHub page!

Tested on:
GZDoom V4.7.0
LZDoom v3.88a
Zandronum 3.0

Screenshots:
(hey i finally know how to post images now LOL)
Glowing flats:

Overhauled Dynamic Lighting

GitHub
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Snakie on Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:01 pm, edited 15 times in total.

Re: More Lights! V1.1

Sat May 08, 2021 8:52 pm

Nice work so far! I noticed that there was an empty filter for The Adventures of Square in the .pk3; a taste of things to come?

Re: More Lights! V1.1

Sat May 08, 2021 9:53 pm

ShockwaveS08 wrote:Nice work so far! I noticed that there was an empty filter for The Adventures of Square in the .pk3; a taste of things to come?

Yep! Planning on adding Square support soon!

Re: More Lights! V2.2

Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:06 pm

How do I use this? Is it required to use one of the wads in the "separate wads" folder?

Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:16 pm

Skrell wrote:How do I use this? Is it required to use one of the wads in the "separate wads" folder?

No. The separate wads are mainly for Zandronum. Just load the base PK3 and you should be good to go!

Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:17 pm

Snakie wrote:
Skrell wrote:How do I use this? Is it required to use one of the wads in the "separate wads" folder?

No. The separate wads are mainly for Zandronum. Just load the base PK3 and you should be good to go!

Sweet thank you!! Are there any specific graphic settings in GZDOOM you'd recommend using with this mod?

Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:29 pm

Skrell wrote:
Snakie wrote:

Sweet thank you!! Are there any specific graphic settings in GZDOOM you'd recommend using with this mod?

No problem! Uh not sure. You shouldn't have too much of a issue running the mod with your settings. Although I did test it with software lighting and the palette tonemap, it doesn't really look too good with those on simultaneously. Also software rendering doesn't work with the glowing flats thing at all.

Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:37 pm

I assume software lighting does NOT equal software rendering and that the opposite of software rendering is openGL mode right?

Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:17 pm

Skrell wrote:I assume software lighting does NOT equal software rendering and that the opposite of software rendering is openGL mode right?

As far as I know, Software lighting uses a shader while software rendering, does something I don't know. Yes, the opposite of software rendering is hardware rendering. Most people use hardware because it offers more options and software recreates stuff like Y-shearing.

Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:08 pm

I honestly love this mod. I noticed how some mods make some surfaces glow, like that one "Special Brightmaps" wad from some years ago. The only texture I don't agree with in terms of use of glowing is FLAT14. It just seems a bit odd, even if it does look a bit like water.

Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:18 pm

UTNerd24 wrote:I honestly love this mod. I noticed how some mods make some surfaces glow, like that one "Special Brightmaps" wad from some years ago. The only texture I don't agree with in terms of use of glowing is FLAT14. It just seems a bit odd, even if it does look a bit like water.

Hey thanks for the feedback!

As for FLAT14, I added because PSX Doom had a similar effect to that texture. If it bugs you, you can remove the glowing effect for it by opening the PK3 in Slade, then go to the "filter" folder, then the "doom" folder, then open the first GLDEFS lump (it should say "Doom Flats" at the top), then look for FLAT14 and erase it.

Hope this helps! :mrgreen:

Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:03 am

Snakie wrote:
Hey thanks for the feedback!

As for FLAT14, I added because PSX Doom had a similar effect to that texture. If it bugs you, you can remove the glowing effect for it by opening the PK3 in Slade, then go to the "filter" folder, then the "doom" folder, then open the first GLDEFS lump (it should say "Doom Flats" at the top), then look for FLAT14 and erase it.

Hope this helps! :mrgreen:

Cheers! I originally put a '//' before the flat name to no avail and wondered why it didn't work, but thanks for the info! Of course, I'll back up the GLDEFS.