Fullscreen Statusbar Mod [ON HOLD]

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Re: Fullscreen Statusbar Mod [v5.1.9]

Post by NightFright »

Compatibility fix for NEIS added. For now you can only get it directly from Github, it's not enough to justify another release.

It should look like this with the fix applied:

For "Plasmaplant" I would need a link to the wad. The one I checked didn't have any custom statusbar in it. If it's exactly the same HUD, it should already be recognized since we use MD5 for STBAR lump identifications. Since it doesn't work as you say, some edit must have been made.

In other news, I see the system clock code has been merged into the GZD master branch since August last year. This means that a system clock stats option should now be possible. (Personally, I'd prefer it over our level timer.) I have poked 3saster to see if we can make it happen.
FilthySilver
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by FilthySilver »

Are you able to release a version with only the level stats so I can use it with mods that might conflict with this HUD? Simple HUD Add-ons has a level stats only version but only one font and your mod includes multiple fonts.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

I don't think so, sorry.
wanisea

Post by wanisea »

After using this mod, I like the interface. Thank you.
ClessxAlghazanth

Post by ClessxAlghazanth »

NightFright wrote:Compatibility fix for NEIS added. For now you can only get it directly from Github, it's not enough to justify another release.

It should look like this with the fix applied:

For "Plasmaplant" I would need a link to the wad. The one I checked didn't have any custom statusbar in it. If it's exactly the same HUD, it should already be recognized since we use MD5 for STBAR lump identifications. Since it doesn't work as you say, some edit must have been made.

In other news, I see the system clock code has been merged into the GZD master branch since August last year. This means that a system clock stats option should now be possible. (Personally, I'd prefer it over our level timer.) I have poked 3saster to see if we can make it happen.
Thanks for this HUD :D It's the continuation of the Peter's sexy hud , right ?

How do I get the it look like in the screenshot you of posted here ? I mean the scaling and the kills/time display at the upper right ?

And if I can get it to be displayed at the center bottom (like in Peter's sexy hud) and not in left&right corners ?

And I wonder if I can use this with Beautiful Doom / Smooth Doom ?

Best regards
Attachments
Screenshot_Doom_20210708_114127.jpg
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

You have go to: Options --> Full Options Menu --> HUD Options --> Fullscreen Status Bar (option at the very bottom).
What you want to change is mostly under "General Settings". You can deactivate split status bars ("Split bar") and also adjust size ("Scaling"). Position and appearance of stats can be adjusted under "Stats".

It should work fine with Beautiful and Smooth Doom, provided they don't apply statusbar changes on their own.
ClessxAlghazanth

Post by ClessxAlghazanth »

NightFright wrote:You have go to: Options --> Full Options Menu --> HUD Options --> Fullscreen Status Bar (option at the very bottom).
What you want to change is mostly under "General Settings". You can deactivate split status bars ("Split bar") and also adjust size ("Scaling"). Position and appearance of stats can be adjusted under "Stats".

It should work fine with Beautiful and Smooth Doom, provided they don't apply statusbar changes on their own.
Thanks pal , I got it set to my liking 8-)

This has been my definite go-to HUD after discovering (been using HXRTC HUDs for some time) :P

Do you have any future plans for it ?
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

Remaining:
- Strife support
- System time for stats
- Compatibility settings for ALL (!) pwads from the idgames archive

Since GZD is hiding most of the fine-tuning features by default, it has become a bit tricky to reach HUD settings. They used to be in a good place before when "HUD Options" was visible by default. Maybe we'll relocate the settings to a more prominent place so they are easier to find. For now, I have added a hint to the OP about how to reach the settings menu. Readme should get updated, too.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

What if...?

dmslr

Post by dmslr »

Yes! This is what I currently use.

Are you planning to make it compatible with stbars that have custom text like REKKR or leave it with just the standard ammo/health/armor/bull/shel/rckt/cell?

Edit: maybe make the mugshot have the STF background?
Last edited by dmslr on Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

That's impossible. You would have to provide custom-made gfx for each and every STBAR image that deviates from Doom's default. In fact, this was just a mockup to demonstrate what it could look like.

What is thinkable is to use fonts to recreate the texts and adjust those depending on the pwad. However, it would then look the same everywhere and could not use any custom gfx. Which would kinda go against the goal of this mod.

Basically, you can forget about the entire thing. Couldn't think of any way to pull it off. Also, without any background image at all, legibility can suffer in certain situations. Actually, I recommend avoiding transparency entirely for best results.
Last edited by NightFright on Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dmslr

Post by dmslr »

Agree. Plane numbers look ok.
Warden

Post by Warden »

Boondorl's Universal Weapon Sway has an "Extend Sprites" option that uses ZScript to modify the weapon's vertical offset. Maybe worth adding here when using the unsplit mode, so you can play eg. Heretic in 'fullscreen' with the hud terminating at the skulls, but with the weapon sprites offset as if you were playing in screenblocks 10.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

While it's an interesting concept, it breaks as soon as you activate statusbar transparency. That's when the hack is revealed in all its uglyness. And only having that available for full opacity mode seems like a waste to me.

Also, the focus of this mod has shifted towards the split version. Unsplit mode is rather a leftover bonus from the early stages of the project and I don't feel like adding any more features to it.
sdaa

Post by sdaa »

Found a glitch in Hexen with GZDoom 4.6.1.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”