Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.01 HOTFIX

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
BROS_ETT_311

Re: Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.01 HOTFIX

Post by BROS_ETT_311 »

Garrett_42 wrote:Hello everyone, I have a question about the nashgore mod, namely, is it possible to disable blood and other effects for individual entities(something like a blacklist)? I will be glad of any help.
Try this - viewtopic.php?f=46&t=69564 (another one of Nash's glorious mods, "CBlood")
It basically allows you to override the blood properties of a given actor/class. Should look a little something like this:

class CBloodYourActorHere : CBlood
{
{
+NOBLOOD
}
}

Hope this helps. If not, you could just add +NOBLOOD to whatever actor it is you're trying to remove the effects from.
Garrett_42

Post by Garrett_42 »

BROS_ETT_311 wrote:
Garrett_42 wrote:Hello everyone, I have a question about the nashgore mod, namely, is it possible to disable blood and other effects for individual entities(something like a blacklist)? I will be glad of any help.
Try this - viewtopic.php?f=46&t=69564 (another one of Nash's glorious mods, "CBlood")
It basically allows you to override the blood properties of a given actor/class. Should look a little something like this:

class CBloodYourActorHere : CBlood
{
{
+NOBLOOD
}
}

Hope this helps. If not, you could just add +NOBLOOD to whatever actor it is you're trying to remove the effects from.
I checked. Unfortunately, it doesn't work.
BerserkerNoir
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by BerserkerNoir »

Hello Nash, sorry to bother you.
But seems that the latest GZDOOM build doesnt show the BloodSplats.
I thought It was me, but Even PB 3.0 which uses your gore as base has those missing.
Edit: Nevermind me, reinstalled everything and it works.
Nash

Post by Nash »

BerserkerNoir wrote:but Even PB 3.0 which uses your gore as base has those missing.
Can I get a link to where you downoaded the PB 3.0?
BerserkerNoir

Post by BerserkerNoir »

Nash wrote:
BerserkerNoir wrote:but Even PB 3.0 which uses your gore as base has those missing.
Can I get a link to where you downoaded the PB 3.0?
Sure, its here:
https://github.com/pa1nki113r/Project_Brutality
MasterZeroFlash
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by MasterZeroFlash »

Imagine if this was re-released as "Nasi Goreng" (or even "Nashi GoreVeng") just to continue the food-related theme >_<

Jokes aside, it looks like a cool mod that could very well take a spot as sort of an "Autoload" mod, so to speak.
Plasmazippo
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Plasmazippo »

MasterZeroFlash wrote:Imagine if this was re-released as "Nasi Goreng" (or even "Nashi GoreVeng") just to continue the food-related theme >_<

Jokes aside, it looks like a cool mod that could very well take a spot as sort of an "Autoload" mod, so to speak.
I can say for absolute certainty that nashgore is ALWAYS on my load order in Doom Launcher. I'd only make an exception for Chex Quest and non-violent TCs such as Sonic Robo Blast, and currently I have neither in my HDD.
YasuoProjectX

Post by YasuoProjectX »

i would rate your mod cuz its nice with feedback on it

- Hitting with projectile weapons can't spread the gores
- Stepping on a blood pool will shrink back to the corpse
- Blood on a water floor texture wont disappear (unless they will disappear on underwater)

7.9/10 overall
Plasmazippo
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Plasmazippo »

That last one is because you need to explicitly set the terrain of the liquid flat as "liquid" in the TERRAIN lump and assign that terrain type to the flat's textures. Enjay's Revised Splashes is a start.
YasuoProjectX

Post by YasuoProjectX »

Plasmazippo wrote:That last one is because you need to explicitly set the terrain of the liquid flat as "liquid" in the TERRAIN lump and assign that terrain type to the flat's textures. Enjay's Revised Splashes is a start.
thanks for the help imma try to do this
PKr

Re: Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.0 OFFICIAL RELEASE

Post by PKr »

It's been a while... Still haven't seen those effects in the action. :(

Any chance for a new version this or next year? Or are you tired of this project by now?
rayburn

Post by rayburn »

Greetings @Nash

Do I understand correctly that some of the blood actors (namely the slowly expanding blood pool) in NashGore get removed together with the actor being removed? How can I patch this?

Video:

Code (short, note comments):
Spoiler:
Can you point out what should I patch in NashGore to prevent this? I would greatly appreciate it.
Let me know if you need more detail. Thanks!
Nash

Post by Nash »

Thanks for the video. It is much more clear what the problem actually is.

Unfortunately this isn't a quick fix. Basically, NashGore is currently hardcoded to only support one corpse blood pool per monster. There is also some weird jank going on that's maintaining pointer relationships between the monster and the blood pool. It is currently not able to handle spawning more blood pools after a monster has been resurrected.

I know your video shows the blood pool disappearing, but upon checking with the latest development version of NashGore (not released yet) - the blood pool doesn't disappear anymore BUT, a resurrected monster who dies for a second time will simply not spawn any more blood pools.

To fix this would require me to retool quite a bit of code to allow monster corpses to spawn multiple corpse blood pools regardless of how many times they were resurrected. I've added this to the to-do list for the next release of the mod.

In short: this isn't a quick fix, sorry!
rayburn

Post by rayburn »

It also happens if monster just goes to that second section of Death right away (some monsters go there by chance using A_Jump) without ressing, pool starts expanding and just disappears.
Tho since u say my version is outdated, I will redownload and try again.
Will let u know if it helps.
Nash

Post by Nash »

rayburn wrote:Tho since u say my version is outdated, I will redownload and try again.
I don't have an ETA on when the new version will be out. It's still not released yet. It's a huge update that I am taking my time to refine to make sure it's near-perfect and there are minimal bugs. :D

But yeah, as of the latest version, the corpse blood doesn't disappear. But this highlights a problem in that resurrected monsters will never spawn a second (or third, or fourth or... or...) corpse blood pool after resurrection.

It's by no means difficult to refactor the code to make a monster support infinite cirose blood pools... it's just that I'm a little occupied with other tasks for some time now and I'll need to sit down and make this change carefully and make sure I don't break anything else in the mod... :P

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”