Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.01 HOTFIX

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Nash

Re: Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.01 HOTFIX

Post by Nash »

I've made a Discord server where you can chat about my mods. Feel free to join in!

Last edited by Nash on Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
DoomedRabbit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by DoomedRabbit »

Hey there!

So, I am planning to use your gore mod in my TC and I noticed this little "bug" that happens to me when I freeze enemies.
When I freeze an enemy they gib before being broken. I think it has something to do with the amount of damage that the ice projectile does, which in my case is 50 because I want the smaller targets to freeze immediately, while bigger targets take more projectiles before freezing.
If you have any ideas and if it is possible fix this please let me know.

Here is a video demonstrating this:

DrR0Ck
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by DrR0Ck »

Nash wrote:
DrR0Ck wrote:Two quick related questions:
1 - Has anyone set up cblood files for Heretic and/or Hexen?
2 - I noticed in the Beautiful Doom notes that Nash Muhandes is credited with a gzdoom function "CopyBloodColor()" that on its face seems to allow blood color to be copied in some fashion from the source sprite -if this is usable, why is the cblood file needed to define color, when the mod could leverage the CopyBloodColor() function?

Thanks!
CopyBloodColor was an engine feature I added which was meant to be used by NashGore and also a new version of CBlood but of course some other mod got to it first (I got busy with other projects that left me with little time to debut said engine features).
Thanks for the response. Looking forward to future updates!
Nash

Post by Nash »

DoomedRabbit wrote:Hey there!

So, I am planning to use your gore mod in my TC and I noticed this little "bug" that happens to me when I freeze enemies.
When I freeze an enemy they gib before being broken. I think it has something to do with the amount of damage that the ice projectile does, which in my case is 50 because I want the smaller targets to freeze immediately, while bigger targets take more projectiles before freezing.
If you have any ideas and if it is possible fix this please let me know.

Here is a video demonstrating this:

Can you make me a small runnable example of this mod? You don't have to include any custom graphics if you don't feel comfortable with sharing them, you can just use the stock Doom sprites. This will aid me in figuring out the problem more conveniently. Thanks!
Nash

Post by Nash »

I have launched the BLUDTYPE community project in a separate thread to prevent clutter in this thread. HEAD ON HERE -> viewtopic.php?f=46&t=69485
Nash

Post by Nash »

I have now retired the classic version of cblood.pk3, and would like to bring your attention to: CBLOOD ULTIMATE EDITION, the universally-compatible blood colorizer!
Endless

Post by Endless »

Hey Nash, thanks for your cool mods, I like them quite a lot and Nashgore is pretty damn sweet and vanilla friendly, but I have found a serious crash when it comes to big groups of enemies under Crushers. Eternity E2M3 has this problem, to the point that I'm not able to finish the map. Any fix with it? Thanks.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Endless: Glad you're enjoying the mod. About your crusher issue, unfortunately, this is a known engine quirk. The gist of it is that the more amount of objects exist on a moving level geometry (be it a platform, lift, crusher, whatever) - the more drag on performance happens.

Currently I don't have any ideas on how to improve this.

A temporary solution for you to at least finish the map on your playthrough is to use the "clear gore" function, and then disable the blood effects (set the "blood type" setting to "vanilla"). Pass the crusher section, then restore to your default settings.
Marisa the Magician
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): (btw I use) Arch
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Marisa the Magician »

Have you figured how to fix the issue of NOEXTREMEDEATH still spawning gibs?
Nash

Post by Nash »

Marisa Kirisame wrote:Have you figured how to fix the issue of NOEXTREMEDEATH still spawning gibs?
I still have your demo file and it was added into the Github issues but I haven't gotten around to fixing it yet. Really busy with other assignments. Why, are you offering a solution?
Marisa the Magician
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): (btw I use) Arch
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Marisa the Magician »

No, I was just wondering if there was any progress
Nash

Post by Nash »

I sent out a preview build of Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.2 to a small group of testers, one of them being Youtuber Gaming Room who was kind enough to show it off in this video!

YES the Chex Quest issues are known (it has been reported and added into the Issue tracker) and I have been working to fix it. I will ensure they are fully fixed before releasing v1.2!
Endless

Post by Endless »

v1.2 looks delicious. I'm waiting for it! Pity about the crushers tho, since I play with a potato-pc, any kind of crusher makes my game crash instantly. Still, Nashgore is probably my favorite gore mod for its great consistency with the vanilla art style.
Deon

Post by Deon »

I am including it in "required mods" section for my map once it's ready.

Brutal doom, this and your decals mod make the game look just right!
BerserkerNoir
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by BerserkerNoir »

V1.2 looks quite juicy.
and those solid decals are on point!
looking forward to the release.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”