Smooth Strife Weapons

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
YukiHerz
Global Moderator
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Smooth Strife Weapons

Post by YukiHerz »

Done entirely with in-iwad resources, so not as pretty as carefully modified extra frames, on the plus side, the file is tiny, around 3kb.

Current Version: 0.1
-All weapons except for the Sigil, also includes smoothed frames for the Gas Grenade Launcher, but it isn't coded.

To-do for version 1.0:
-Make sure I didn't break anything.
-Sigil.
-Add the gas grenades, maybe.

Screenshots: What's the point?

I'd love to record a video to show off the animations, but my upload speed is around the 50kb/s because fuck south america, if anyone feels like lending a hand here, even a short webm would be nice for people to preview.

Download Link: Right Here.
I hope you enjoy, and if you don't, well, can't please everyone.
Always open to criticism.
Voros

Re: Smooth Strife Weapons

Post by Voros »

Heh, I started my playthrough of Strife again recently, ever since I found out there are two power couplings in one of the earlier mission. Currently trying to find this Richter fellow, no luck so far.

As for smooth weapons, didn't Brutal Strife have them?

EDIT: Would be pretty nice if Smooth Doom was updated to contain smooth weapons and things from other IWADs too. Man can dream, right?
CPLJigsore

Post by CPLJigsore »

Would be pretty nice if Smooth Doom was updated to contain smooth weapons and things from other IWADs too. Man can dream, right?

Hmm...give me a few days...
LushKava
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by LushKava »

This mod introduces a bug whereby it is impossible to keep the Mauler weapon after picking it up. At first, I forgot that I was using the mod, leading me to file a bug against GZDoom. Further details can be found in that thread. Incidentally, to render my save file usable in the absence of the mod, I had to alter the saved class names, along with the state keys referencing the Mauler.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”