[Suspended] Yokai 妖怪 - Asian Mythological Monster Pack

Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:41 am

Thread migrated.

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=69665&p=1163200#p1163200

I'm sorry to announce this, but sadly, the development of Yokai has been suspended due to the technical problem leading to lack of computer, making it clear the mod development is suspended.

Let's see whether I will assign the mod to someone else to have its development continued or completely cancel the development.

Thanks to everyone who kept their eyes on the developent and people who the credits go to.

Hi everyone, I would like to announce my monster pack I'm currently working on.

This is my first-ever monster pack I have started working on. This monster pack mainly includes the entities of Asian mythology. Unlike regular Doom monsters, Yokai monsters will challenge the player a bit.

I have taken the sprites from various sources, like Realm667 or such with the authors knowing.

Development started: 21.01.20

Briefly, let's get you to the introducing.

Beastiary:
Spoiler:

Credits:
Spoiler:

What maps/mods do I recommend you to play with:
Spoiler:

Early testers as of now:
Spoiler:

And if you want to contribute the mod somehow, you can do so by giving me any sprite or decorate you find appropriate for this mod, thank you for reading my post.
Last edited by memredi on Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:15 am, edited 19 times in total.

Re: [WIP] Yokai 妖怪 - Asian Mythological Monster Pack

Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:48 am

no download link?

Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:49 am

For now.

Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:18 pm

So, will this be a total conversion… Or just a gameplay mod?

Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:27 pm

Monster pack that replaces original monsters.

Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:02 pm

This is a pretty nice concept of a project! I made a "Oni Baron of Hell" sprite some time ago, feel free to use it :D (it's on my resources thread)

Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:04 pm

No Asian supernatural bestiary is complete without the Ring girl. ;)

Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:16 pm

Nash wrote:No Asian supernatural bestiary is complete without the Ring girl. ;)

He could recolor and edit the Realm667 Banshee for that

Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:21 pm

Craneo wrote:This is a pretty nice concept of a project! I made a "Oni Baron of Hell" sprite some time ago, feel free to use it :D (it's on my resources thread)

Hey, thanks! I will put your name in credits in a minute.

Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:23 pm

Nash wrote:No Asian supernatural bestiary is complete without the Ring girl. ;)

Haha, thinking of it :D

Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:47 pm

I think this might be the wrong forum for this post. If it's just going to be a monster replacer, those typically go in the gameplay forum. Total conversions are complete game changers (IE, making Doom into something else entirely).

That said, the monsters look bitchin. This might go well with Final Doomer + and the JP Community maps.

Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:51 pm

retronutcase wrote:I think this might be the wrong forum for this post. If it's just going to be a monster replacer, those typically go in the gameplay forum. Total conversions are complete game changers (IE, making Doom into something else entirely).

That said, the monsters look bitchin. This might go well with Final Doomer + and the JP Community maps.

Hey, thanks!

as it was writeen "Other Projects" there, I found it'd be appropriate to post it here

Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:22 pm

Well, if this won't feature any new weapons or levels it probably belongs in the gameplay mods category.

Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:58 pm

Like I said, as it is written "Other Projects" there, I found it would be okay to post it this category. But let's just wait for a moderator, they will decide whether to migrate the post or not

Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:15 am

i am so dissapointed at doom reboot and even more dissapointed at shadow warrior reboot specially the firs game... why do creaters refrain from adding the original monsters and they always tend ot make zombie like monsters .... i dont frnk want new monsters... i wish doom and shadow wawrrior had gotten the same treatment as wolfenstein beause new wolfenstein games are true to source material