Robocop Doom - Public Beta

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
ImpieTwo

Re: Robocop Doom - Public Beta

Post by ImpieTwo »

wildweasel wrote:Perhaps a newer version of GZDoom will work.
I imagine it would, but I can't run one with this computer. I have to get a new comp that doesn't have broken OpenGL...
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Did you try LZDoom?
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Rachael wrote:Did you try LZDoom?
I did but I can't remember what went wrong with that port. I switched back for some reason.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

It had the bug introduced with the new gender system pull request that has since been fixed. I think the latest version of LZDoom includes said fix.
QuakedoomNukem Cz

Post by QuakedoomNukem Cz »

First map of Hunted is giving me a really bad FPS Drop in the parking lot area, but the rest of the mod runs perfectly fine at 60 FPS. Also, remember how I said you had to noclip behind the computer monitors in the secret area of the first map? Same thing in the OCP Executive Building final battle, all of them. EDIT: I had an idea after the fight, once you beat the ED-209, the Directive 4 stays on screen for a while, but after "Dick, you're fired!" is said, it becomes a bit of a jumbled mess and then disappears, when Robocop is about to say "Thank you."
Spoiler:
Caleb26

Post by Caleb26 »

Congratulations. This mod is a wonderful idea. Great that you've included awesome robogun sound. Try to include as many movie sounds as possible it'll improve the overall gameplay experience. I hope that you'll continue with Robo2 (probably the most underrated sequel of all time) story later or someone else will make some kind of dlc :)
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

QuakedoomNukem Cz wrote:First map of Hunted is giving me a really bad FPS Drop in the parking lot area, but the rest of the mod runs perfectly fine at 60 FPS. Also, remember how I said you had to noclip behind the computer monitors in the secret area of the first map? Same thing in the OCP Executive Building final battle, all of them.
Damn, yeah, I'll fix that in the next update. I updated the OCP Spook appearance and sounds anyway (thanks Wire!)

The framerate drops probably have to do with the voxel cars. I'll just reduce the number of them.
Caleb26 wrote:Congratulations. This mod is a wonderful idea. Great that you've included awesome robogun sound. Try to include as many movie sounds as possible it'll improve the overall gameplay experience. I hope that you'll continue with Robo2 (probably the most underrated sequel of all time) story later or someone else will make some kind of dlc :)
Thanks! I don't plan to do Robocop 2, since I think it deserves all the derision it gets.
Orka

Post by Orka »

I just started to play this and now I'm hunting for secrets... as I'm doing it I'm starting to notice something:
Spoiler:
This is a very promising mod. I really like it. :)
Korell

Post by Korell »

Just been playing some of this mod and I ended up stuck on Map07 as it doesn't appear as though there is a blue key present. I even cheated with the automap to take a look but it isn't present. I got the red key for the level and cleared out everyting I could, but the only area I've not been to is blocked off my blue key doors and I can't see any blue key on the automap.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Looks like a mapping problem. There is a blue key, but it's not flagged to appear on the easy settings:

It's meant to be here:

ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

That missing blue key on E3M1 will be fixed momentarily.
Orka wrote:Did you just... remake the very first level of Wolfenstein 3D? Or am I going crazy? :D
ALL the maps are remakes of Wolf3D maps. :D See if you can identify the others!
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Another update: added more health and ammo to a couple later levels, and changed the final fight with Clarence. Now you can kill him the way he's killed in the movie if you like.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

ImpieTwo wrote:Now you can kill him the way he's killed in the movie if you like.
Do you have to get a couple of tons of steel dropped on you first. :biggrin:
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Enjay wrote:
ImpieTwo wrote:Now you can kill him the way he's killed in the movie if you like.
Do you have to get a couple of tons of steel dropped on you first. :biggrin:
Fortunately no! I think that would only work in the Quake version...

Further updates in the latest version tweaking difficulty here and there. E5M2 should be a bit easier now. Still a ball buster, but not as much as before.
potetobloke
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by potetobloke »

I rate this Total Conversion a 10/10.

I got to shoot Dick with the Cobra Assault Cannon.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”