1. That's what the Rainbow Halo is for, bypassing enemy immunities. If you've watched UltraViolence playing, you'll see how it works.
2. I'm introducing counter-measures that simply reduce damage from some of the more overpowered monsters, because the amount of damage they deal is on the level of bullshit. Yes, there's an option for random as normal.
3. I intend to. It's going to be hard though. I'm the only person working on this, though thankfully
I have people provided sounds and sprites for me instead of having to worry about that. But being the solo developer means I have to handle everything myself, including:
- Removing all ACS scripts
- Removing HEM (which actually reduces my workload quite a bit!)
- Reworking all monster systems and optimizing the hell out of them
- Fixing all the weapon names because they were all using TEXTURES definitions
- Making every weapon that can reload obey the new reload system and making sure it doesn't bug out
- Rebalancing out all the monsters and replacing those that were removed
- Adding new everything
- Optimizing all effects (the bane of my existence because they are everywhere and oh my fucking hell, so many...)
- ...Insert about 50 more points for things that I just can't be bothered explaining at this time.
4. I shamelessly stole it from Battlezone II which is easily one of my favorite video games of all time. The protagonist is named John Cooke (the e is silent) and he rises to the rank of major as the game progresses. On top of that, I used to be called Stagger1 so long ago when I was just a kid. That brings back memories... But anyway, I found it becoming corny over time so I ditched it for this. Lack of imagination is to blame back then.