Re: Operation Body Count - Version 1.0 Release!

Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:43 pm

Love what I got to play but I can't leave the starting area, exit is empty cept for a drone and some health.

Re: Operation Body Count - Version 1.0 Release!

Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:51 pm

Hey, I just finished your mod! I was having such a great time, I beat it in one day. Just couldn't stop!
I like what you did with some of the secrets ;) but they're very well hidden for the most part. Probably there were more that I couldn't find.
Only complaints I have is that yeah, the hitscan enemies can get annoying...nothing that can't be overcome, though. Also ammo's kinda scarce on the Taraz level unless you go poking around for secrets.

Anyways, thanks so much for making this. Definitely one of the top mods I've ever played.

Re: Operation Body Count - Version 1.0 Release!

Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:24 pm

Wisecrack34 wrote:Love what I got to play but I can't leave the starting area, exit is empty cept for a drone and some health.

Then you're probably not playing it in Gzdoom like the download page instructed.

Re: Operation Body Count - Version 1.0 Release!

Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:24 pm

sounds like 80s again, i like it heehee

Re: Operation Body Count - Version 1.0 Release!

Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:01 am

Hey, where did you get the enemy sprites? All the OBC sprite sheets I've found have them in a really dark pallette, but they look more legible in your mod.

Re: Operation Body Count - Version 1.0 Release!

Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:07 pm

edgymemester wrote:Hey, where did you get the enemy sprites? All the OBC sprite sheets I've found have them in a really dark pallette, but they look more legible in your mod.

In OBC you could turn the lights on and off, which is actually changing the paletter from "lit" to "dark". For whatever reason the sprites' default palette is "dark" when you rip the sprites, so you have to find a way to apply the "lit" palette to the graphics file.

Re: Operation Body Count - Version 1.0 Release!

Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:08 pm

Always something impressive from you! I don't know how you find the patience, or even the time, to churn out the quality mods that you have.

Re: Operation Body Count - Version 1.0 Release!

Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:55 pm

Fixed a map error on level 9 that made the dumbwaiter impossible to board from the upper level of the plane. Players should be able to get into the lift from either floor now.

Re: Operation Body Count - Version 1.0 Release!

Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:31 pm

I'm embarrassed to say I forgot to add Zen3001's name to the map credits in the readme file, for his contribution of the Bedlam & Breakfast mission. Fixed.

Re: Operation Body Count - Version 1.0 Release!

Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:28 am

ImpieTwo wrote:I'm embarrassed to say I forgot to add Zen3001's name to the map credits in the readme file, for his contribution of the Bedlam & Breakfast mission. Fixed.

Thank you again

Re: Operation Body Count - Version 1.0 Release!

Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:59 am

really enjoyed it, thanks ImpieTwo (and team) ! :wub:

Re: Operation Body Count - Version 1.0 Release!

Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:03 am

That was fun. I enjoyed the variety of the levels and objectives. Good job making a better game than the original. Replacing some hitscanners with fast projectile shooters would benefit the gameplay though.

Re: Operation Body Count - Version 1.0 Release!

Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:37 pm

Hyperstyle wrote:That was fun. I enjoyed the variety of the levels and objectives. Good job making a better game than the original. Replacing some hitscanners with fast projectile shooters would benefit the gameplay though.

Thanks! Glad you had fun.

I'm not sure where the community's recent anti-hitscan movement has come from though. You can't really dodge fast projectiles, either.

Re: Operation Body Count - Version 1.0 Release!

Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:12 pm

I personally like hitscanning. While it is artificial to an extent, it adds to the challenge. Plus tracers/fast projectiles never really felt right to me.

Re: Operation Body Count - Version 1.0 Release!

Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:15 am

hey ImpieTwo, how bout suggestions for later versions like full enemy sprites in rotation time after time, just saying