Nerves of Steel Remake v2.4

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
ImpieTwo

Re: Nerves of Steel Remake (Playtesting)

Post by ImpieTwo »

Big C wrote:Careful now, you don't want anyone accusing you of encouraging assisted suicide. :P
I thought that was the whole point of two-player games! :3:
Big C

Post by Big C »

ImpieTwo wrote:
Big C wrote:Careful now, you don't want anyone accusing you of encouraging assisted suicide. :P
I thought that was the whole point of two-player games! :3:
Naw, man, that's good ol' homicide! And Portal 2 is passive-aggressive homicide! Nerves of Steel sounds like encouraging your friend to drink Flavor-Aid with you, Jonestown style. :P
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

I posted a playlist of the whole mod on my youtube channel, if anyone's looking for gameplay videos that aren't the first map. Hopefully it entices more to try it out.
Shadez12

Post by Shadez12 »

I see that there's no music, I can't even play it with a music wad. :(
Anyway, pretty cool mod.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Shadez12 wrote:I see that there's no music, I can't even play it with a music wad. :(
It does have music. I dunno why it's not playing for you, unless you've only tried playing it with a separate music wad, or ran the mod incorrectly. Does it not play even when you drag the zip file onto the zdoom executable?
Shadez12

Post by Shadez12 »

ImpieTwo wrote:It does have music. I dunno why it's not playing for you, unless you've only tried playing it with a separate music wad, or ran the mod incorrectly. Does it not play even when you drag the zip file onto the zdoom executable?
Nevermind, the problem was I put the files in a new folder, instead of loading the ZIP.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Download link in the OP has been updated to 1.3, basically fixing the elevators on certain maps so that nobody gets trapped in a two-player game.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Version 1.4 is available for download. New boss monster by Yuraofthehairfan, and a few map tweaks.

EDIT: EMERGENCY UPDATE! Just realized there was a graphical glitch resulting from the new boss monster being added. Fixed in 1.5.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

NoS is undergoing thorough playtesting, and I'm uploading minor changes as we go. Eventually version 2.0 will be out will all bug and map fixes (hopefully; probably most of them, anyway).

Currently all redundant secret sectors should be removed, so 100% secrets on every map should now be possible.

EDIT: Version 2.0 has been released, hopefully with all bugs and design flaws fixed. Secrets also shouldn't be as obvious anymore.
ImpieTwo

Re: Nerves of Steel Remake v2.0

Post by ImpieTwo »

Apparently wordpress didn't save my changes to the download page, and version 1.6.2 was the only download. Fixed: you should be able to download version 2.0 now.
ImpieTwo

Re: Nerves of Steel Remake v2.1

Post by ImpieTwo »

Updated to 2.1. Basically just replaced the main gun sounds to be less harsh on the ears, and made a few other miniscule tweaks.
ImpieTwo

Re: Nerves of Steel Remake v2.2

Post by ImpieTwo »

Version 2.2 has minor changes.

- Restored the original doom font for menus, since it was inconsistent before. The megawad now has a motley crew of fonts, but at least they're consistent where they're used.

- New difficulty setting names and messages. Here's how the second boss map plays on Fuck Mountain difficulty.

QuakedoomNukem Cz

Re: Nerves of Steel Remake v2.2

Post by QuakedoomNukem Cz »

I saw you are requesting better sprites for rocket launcher, that are compatible with widescreen, then i suggest Reelism for that.
ImpieTwo

Re: Nerves of Steel Remake v2.3

Post by ImpieTwo »

Fixed a secret that could trap the player. No new updates otherwise, except the Operation Body Count demo on the same download page -- thought it'd be fun if the Tunnel Rats tackled other terrible DOS-era shooters.
durbdoogle

Re: Nerves of Steel Remake v2.3

Post by durbdoogle »

ImpieTwo wrote:Fixed a secret that could trap the player. No new updates otherwise, except the Operation Body Count demo on the same download page -- thought it'd be fun if the Tunnel Rats tackled other terrible DOS-era shooters.
Thanks for making this mod! Also, I love the idea of remaking these old, bad shooters. I like the direct to video vibe they give off but the design and quality you've given them is way better than the original designers ever gave. Thanks!

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”