Smart One-Lines post Fight

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
demonskiller

Smart One-Lines post Fight

Post by demonskiller »

SMART ONE-LINES POST COMBAT is a voice pack, This mod makes DoomGuy say a phrase randomly and depending on the way he kills the enemies, making DoomGuy talk is also random so try to kill as many enemies.

Configuration

The number of monsters to start counting, the distance to count them, the time between kills to stop counting, the level of light to say the line about killing in the dark, and the chance to speak can be updated in the menu.

Also there are 2 modes 'simple' and 'smart', 'simple' uses the variable ONELIN it's in case you don't like the smart feature, or if you want to use another mod that replaces the onelines.

Features
Spoiler:
Based On

I could make this mod thanks the onelines from the mod "DOOM Comic Dub Advanced Taunts and One Liners-Anniversary Edition" https://www.moddb.com/addons/doom-comic ... ry-edition

Also for detecting the light I took the idea from that awesome mod "Smarter Flashlight" viewtopic.php?f=43&t=74292

And I started working on this mod thanks the inspiration that I got from "DoomDynMus" viewtopic.php?f=43&t=72207

DOWNLOAD

This mod is designed to work for GZDoom 4.6 and Brutal Doom or any other variation of the mod

I made this basically because I wanted the dynamic one-lines the doomguy has in Project Brutality, but for Brutal Doom. And I didn't found any mod for that, So I made it. I guess if that mod didn't exists it was because people don't like it. but I do, and then I got that idea. I don't know how it will work outside of my mind, So if someone else like that idea, I am happy to had done it. And also, probably it needs some adjustments.

DOWNLOAD: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qb7e3gifd4coe ... s.pk3?dl=0
Last edited by demonskiller on Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:25 pm, edited 31 times in total.
Koe_Nyat_Asu_Og

Re: Dynamic One-Lines After Fight

Post by Koe_Nyat_Asu_Og »

This can work without brutal doom ?
demonskiller

Post by demonskiller »

Absolutely! This mod have to work with brutal doom or any other mod. Just maybe, in order to have a better balance of times doomguy talks the numbers of the minimum kills and time between kill have to change. Because depending on the mod or map its more easy or harder to kill monster consecutively

I just updated the lines doom guy says, with 3 or 4 more generic lines, I hope that is going to make the talks less repetitive
Koe_Nyat_Asu_Og

Post by Koe_Nyat_Asu_Og »

demonskiller wrote:Absolutely! This mod have to work with brutal doom or any other mod. Just maybe, in order to have a better balance of times doomguy talks the numbers of the minimum kills and time between kill have to change. Because depending on the mod or map its more easy or harder to kill monster consecutively

I just updated the lines doom guy says, with 3 or 4 more generic lines, I hope that is going to make the talks less repetitive

I try to load with bd voice pack addons and thats work!!!, good job man :thumb:
demonskiller

Post by demonskiller »

I upload an improved version of the mod, now It's working the overriding the method ::WorldThingDied; it's obvious that the mod has to use this method to count the kills. This way the code is much more clean, there are less variables. And, The most important I fixed an Issue I had with certain maps and taking as valid kills between monsters. The mod was triggering the one lines without killing anybody, that was happening because I was comparing the amount of deaths of the current moment with the amount of deaths of the previous check without taking care if the deaths were provoked by doomguy
ABDO
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Android
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Smart One-Lines post Fight

Post by ABDO »

i love this and you have made it into a reality
might be a stupid question but what is the good adjustment i should use to make it exactly working like in project brutality ?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”