Space Cats Saga Chapter 1 -Complete- Version 1.1

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Apteral10

Re: Space Cats Saga (Public Beta) 31.8.2020

Post by Apteral10 »

Completed the small map pack in one sitting on Hurt me plenty difficulty and my thoughts are these:

Good and solid so far but I kind of hate you for placing so many revenants on high ground and around one corner in one of the maps because of the commanding view of the area or you are way too busy dealing with something else. Deaths: 3 or more, less than 8 though. At the end I just thought 'Oh come on...'. Weapons: Excellent, no OP weapons and no under powered weapons. Everything functioned without any issues on my end. Great work here.
DerTimmy

Post by DerTimmy »

Ive updated the file to the latest Version! (pls redownload. renamed the wad to public beta)

I added the 3 missing Weapons:

Silenced SMG (slot 2) : wont alert monsters and comes with 2 firemodes - burst and full auto. uses clip ammo
Freezer (slot 6) : a freeze gun which uses energy. you can switch to your gun to shatter frozen enemies. only uses energy ammo
The Cannon (slot 7) : Shoots a broad beam of heat energy. altfire switches to minigun mode. uses cell ammo
Screenshot_Doom_20200904_162204.png
Screenshot_Doom_20200904_162154.png
Screenshot_Doom_20200904_162217.png
Screenshot_Doom_20200904_162217.png (177.33 KiB) Viewed 2865 times
PatCatz2004

Post by PatCatz2004 »

Idk, it didnt appear for me tho....maybe update the mod again or somethin? Im rlly sorry if this bugs you. I already redownload this btw
Ferretmanjcdenton
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Space Cats Saga (Alpha 0.6)

Post by Ferretmanjcdenton »

DerTimmy wrote:
Ferretmanjcdenton wrote:This is soooo cool ..
I already recorded a video and gonna upload later on YT ..

What really would look amazing would be weapon lights ..
Like the muzzle flash iluminating the environment around ..

wow cool. send me the link pls :D
you should combine this with ketchup v4 for more oomph 8-)

i have no idea how i do this. need to look more into acs and such. im still a noob. working on a mappack right now for this but had a blast with the nova mappack :)

Sorry .. forgot to send you the link ..

https://youtu.be/BmznXeiQwlQ

Here you go ..
DerTimmy

Post by DerTimmy »

PatCatz2004 wrote:Idk, it didnt appear for me tho....maybe update the mod again or somethin? Im rlly sorry if this bugs you. I already redownload this btw
try cheating. you get those weapons if you pick up a third chaingun, a plasmarifle or a second BFG.
but i will check

EDIT: Version should be the right one. just checked. maybe redownload it and try? had updated the link
DerTimmy

Re: Space Cats Saga Chapter 1

Post by DerTimmy »

Hey everyone! I updated the Mod to the latest version (Chapter 1). I changed the Pistol and tweaked some other guns. It should be playable with most Megawads now. Download link on first page.
Please let me know if you are interested in more. I would do 2 more chapters (in hell and on Phobos)
DerTimmy

Post by DerTimmy »

TITLEPIC Kopie Kopie Kopie.JPG

Hi,
im working on "Space Cats Saga Chapter 1 -Complete-"

Its the final version of Chapter 1. All of my maps are enhanced. New fights and better pacing. One new secret map added which is accessible after beating the campaign on Ultra-Violence. All of the weapons got reworked, tweaked and some new replacements. The Laserpistol got new Firemodes and is a viable weapon now. The Fists got replaced with the laser-claws (which have the comic original look) and the chainsaw replacement is a Shockgun now. Most of the effects got an upgrade and the newest version should be compatible with most megawads. I got an HUD with energy meter so you can check your energy status while using different weapons which uses energy as second ammo pool.
After this i will work on chapter 2 which features a different character from the SCS universe. Her main weapon is a secret gun to check out in this version ;)

I will show a new Trailer soon and it should be released early december.

Its completely different to the current version :)
DerTimmy

Post by DerTimmy »

As promised here is the Trailer :D
Release and Info on Friday the 4th!

https://youtu.be/UHMRcLBsXjI
axet

Post by axet »

Looks nice, but I have _some_ OTEX textures missing. What version of OTEX should I use?

Missing texture 'OSPRTE93' is used 21 more times
Missing texture 'OGRATG03' is used 5 more times
Missing texture 'OLLLLA04' is used 13 more times
Missing texture 'OHEXAG01' is used 79 more times
DerTimmy

Post by DerTimmy »

i used the version on the first page

https://doom.ukiro.com/otex-downloads/
DerTimmy

Re: Space Cats Saga Chapter 1 -Complete- (Updated december

Post by DerTimmy »

Ive updated the first post with the newest version to download!

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=69553
DerTimmy

Re: Space Cats Saga Chapter 1 -Complete- Version 1.1

Post by DerTimmy »

I have uploaded an updated Version of Ch1. Version 1.1. It changes a few weapons and fixes a few bugs. I took out the SMG. Replaced the Stungun with the Freezegun and upgraded the Rocketlauncher.
Please give it a try as Chapter 2´s release is soon ;)
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

I'm loving this! :BFG:

The heavy-duty energy weapons arsenal feels really awesome to use, the sound and visual effects are satisfying to experience.
I like the mugshot/character and the energy-charge mechanic, this mod is more on the empowering side compared to vanilla and I love it.
Also the main menu overhaul is awesome, I love the music it plays - the whole mod experience is like a 90' badass action cartoon. 8-)

I've been mowing down tons of enemies on big oblige maps, so haven't tried the campaign yet - will try it after I complete the current playthrough!

As a weapons-only mod that can be used on any map with any monter packs, its awesome - ranking solidly up there with my favorites! :rock:
DerTimmy

Post by DerTimmy »

Spaceman333 wrote:I'm loving this! :BFG:

The heavy-duty energy weapons arsenal feels really awesome to use, the sound and visual effects are satisfying to experience.
I like the mugshot/character and the energy-charge mechanic, this mod is more on the empowering side compared to vanilla and I love it.
Also the main menu overhaul is awesome, I love the music it plays - the whole mod experience is like a 90' badass action cartoon. 8-)

I've been mowing down tons of enemies on big oblige maps, so haven't tried the campaign yet - will try it after I complete the current playthrough!

As a weapons-only mod that can be used on any map with any monter packs, its awesome - ranking solidly up there with my favorites! :rock:
Its campaign isnt that great. its my first mappack.
you should try SCS Chapter 2. It improves everything and comes with 3 different classes and is still compatible with most wads/maps

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=72996
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

Oh! :o

An upgrade version of this mod exists with TRIPLE the content?

Heck yeah! Gonna go grab that now! 8-)

(note to self: check the TC section more often, I browse gameplay mods too exclusively)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”