[5.5] Corruption Cards - 200+ Gameplay warping cards!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dan_The_Noob
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [2.2b] Corruption Cards - Choose cards that alter your g

Post by Dan_The_Noob »

Cutmanmike wrote: [*] Reduced the amount of pets spawned with Monster Pets. Also capped the max amount of monsters spawned to 30 per instance of this card.
[*] Mini monster sprites are now slightly larger.
we need a version of Corruption Cards where all these types of fixes are undone, absolute chaos. uncapped spawning limits, have enemies able to get multiple pets etc. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
UTNerd24

Post by UTNerd24 »

Dan_The_Noob wrote: we need a version of Corruption Cards where all these types of fixes are undone, absolute chaos. uncapped spawning limits, have enemies able to get multiple pets etc. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
You know, I used to think like that, but honestly some balance changes are for the better. I feel Corruption Cards are meant for regular campaigns.
Dan_The_Noob

Post by Dan_The_Noob »

UTNerd24 wrote:
Dan_The_Noob wrote: we need a version of Corruption Cards where all these types of fixes are undone, absolute chaos. uncapped spawning limits, have enemies able to get multiple pets etc. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
You know, I used to think like that, but honestly some balance changes are for the better. I feel Corruption Cards are meant for regular campaigns.
I mean for normal campaigns, to be used responsibly of course ():) ():) ():)

but there are some changes like the jetback enemy which used to affect corpses that were entertaining.
Solaela
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [2.3] Corruption Cards - Choose cards that alter your ga

Post by Solaela »

I think I just made the ALMOST worst custom ever.

Basically if I'm reading my options right... All tiers. Difficulty progression is off so ANYTHING goes. you get 8 cards and pick one to 'discard' (AKA you HAVE to take 7 effects) and they all permanent

If mike would like to confirm how screwed I made this? I'm legit curious now XD

UTNerd24

Post by UTNerd24 »

At least you're playing Doom 1. If you were playing a 32 map megawad ala Doom II, then you'd have a huge problem.
...But if you really wanna be masochistic, turn on debug mode.
Rexen
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11 Home

Post by Rexen »

And also go all out and set it to 8 cards that must be taken
Solaela

Post by Solaela »

UTNerd24 wrote:At least you're playing Doom 1. If you were playing a 32 map megawad ala Doom II, then you'd have a huge problem.
...But if you really wanna be masochistic, turn on debug mode.
Oh god. What does that do and how do I do that?
Rexen wrote:And also go all out and set it to 8 cards that must be taken
I kinda was going for the idea of 'The demons are offically DONE with your shit but they want you to feel like you have SOME hope despite the levels of fucked you are' (that and there's no option for it to just pick for you otherwise I'd just have it be all 8 with the mod picking them all for you so you only know what kinda effects till you load in)
Solaela

Post by Solaela »

Also I just made it worse. I found by setting min to 5 as well that REALLY puts all cards up on the board as potential picks
ChaoticDragon404

Post by ChaoticDragon404 »

I had bunch of more card ideas, hope im not too spammy :wink:
-----
Dagger Traps
type: trap
difficulty: moderate

Would place invisible or hidden traps on walls that would activate if player crosses their firing trajectory, when activated firing a volley of daggers and becoming full visible and then going on decently long cooldown

-----

Circus Surprise
type: trap, maybe wildcard if its... too wild
difficulty: high

Would place few fully invisible traps that can still be detected by circus music eminating from their location. When activated circus music would play and anarmy of clowns would spawn(Either custom enemy or translated enemy picked from map), clowns have low health and cant harm player, they would just get in the way. However eventually circus music finishes and then ALL clowns and the corpses of dead ones would explode into deadly confetti dealing hefty damage around.

-----

Spatial anomaly
type: trap/world effect
difficulty: depends

Anomalous traps around level, proximity activated. When activated would swap position of EVERY object in a moderate area(but only within clear line of sight of the anomaly), that includes pickups, enemies, players, even projectiles.

-----

Projectile mine
difficulty: varies

Would place runes on floor, proximity activated. When activated after delay they would fire 8-way 360 degree spread of <projectile type>, then either remove themselves or go on long cooldown.

-----

Chaser traps

Would activate when player stands in its line of sight for prolonged time and release an timed life (maybe destrucable too) orb that would chase player and do repeated contact damage.

-----

Path trap

Always active, spreads runes around map that get paired with one another within their line of sight, a projectile then would be created that repeatedly wanders between 2 points dealing contact damage with anything it touches. Alternatively projectile pathing could be made more complex going through more than 2 points, think wandering anomalies from STALKER.

-----

Deathtrap Dungeon
type: world effect

Few pickups on map would be marked as 'shiny', preferring keys, big powerups, weapons. Whenever one is picked up the area around would fill with random traps!

-----

Surprise!
type: monster modifier

<monster type> on death would have random chance to spawn a random trap in its line of sight, preferring places that aim at player's current location.

-----

Curse of Nine Lives
type: curse

Cursed monster after death would respawn up to 8 times around the map using assassin-like logic. Every respawn it would progressively get more extra health and more random modifiers/enchants/augments.

-----

Recursive Curse
type: curse/wildcard
difficulty: yes

Yes, this is wild idea, cursed monster would on death apply random curse to every monster in area, and random curses include more recursive curses. Complete chaos.

-----

Options

<monster type> would gain an orbiting thingie that would fire <projectile type> at its target periodically.

-----

Power of the Underdog

Would always pick weakest enemy type on the map. <monster type> would gain every currently active modifier/enchant card effects of other monsters all at once.

-----

Halls of the Dead
type: world effect
difficulty: moderate-high

Would spawn big amount of random corpses on the map(for archviles, corpse eaters and corpse throwers to have fun with). After either certain amount of time passes or certain % of kills is made, an amount of corpses on map get marked(including the... fresher ones). Marked corpses would self-resurrect under 2 conditions, player being close to them and facing away from them.

-----

Firestarter

<monster type> on death would turn into fiery corpse running around wildly and chaotically and dealing AoE damage and expiring after time amount. Enemies killed close to fiery corpses also turn into ones even if not affected by card creating potentially deadly chain effects.

-----

Hallucination attack

<monster type> periodically creates illusions of itself when within line of sight or player that are harmless(similar to the illusion card). All of those illusions would die when source is killed.(Bonus if you can make player vision be trippy when close to monster)

-----
Cutmanmike wrote: Those attack modifier cards override each other, mostly because it becomes a nightmare to code behind the scenes.
Fair enough, as a coder myself i understand :mrgreen:
Dan_The_Noob wrote:absolute chaos. uncapped spawning limits,
This could always be a menu option too :twisted:
NamelessGuy

Post by NamelessGuy »

Is there any console command that would force the game to "offer" me these cards at any time I want? I really want to play this mod with some WADs, but these WADs use hubs.
Dan_The_Noob

Post by Dan_The_Noob »

Solaela wrote:I think I just made the ALMOST worst custom ever.

Basically if I'm reading my options right... All tiers. Difficulty progression is off so ANYTHING goes. you get 8 cards and pick one to 'discard' (AKA you HAVE to take 7 effects) and they all permanent

Load this after corruption cards and do all the 8-picks you want (removes basically the 5 most annoying cards for pick-8)
Attachments
Corruption-FunPack.pk3
(206 Bytes) Downloaded 27 times
Sgt. Ham
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Sgt. Ham »

I guess since everyone's giving card ideas, here's my two cents:

Kamikaze Attack!
type: monster/world modifier
difficulty: wild card

effect: replaces all enemies and explosive barrels with Headless Kamikazes from Serious Sam and changes the music to the Dunes theme from the same game for the current level. An enemy may be replaced by multiple kamikazes if their health is high enough. If chosen as a permanent card, enemies are unaffected, but explosive barrels will still be replaced.
DarkQuill

Post by DarkQuill »

Solaela wrote:I think I just made the ALMOST worst custom ever.

Spoiler:

Could I ask which hud/gun mod(s) you're using? Looks neat, in the mood for some new shooty toys.
UTNerd24

Post by UTNerd24 »

DarkQuill wrote:
Could I ask which hud/gun mod(s) you're using? Looks neat, in the mood for some new shooty toys.
I believe that's Quake Champions: Doom Edition
Solaela

Post by Solaela »

UTNerd24 wrote:
DarkQuill wrote:
I believe that's Quake Champions: Doom Edition
Yes it is. Playing as sarge who's as close to old school as can get.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”