ZMovement 3.2.1

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ltmajordude
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: ZMovement 3.1 (Final optimization and bug fixing)

Post by Ltmajordude »

By the way, I hope you don't mind if I share some of the patches I done so far for ZMovement 3.1
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ma5y6rwcp1i6 ... cyNJa?dl=0
Patches for the following:
Complex Doom, Contra Doom, Counter-Strike Doom: Martian Offensive, D4V, Doom Incarnate, Final Doomer +, Netronian Chaos, Project MSX, Quake Stuff 1, Quake Stuff 2, Russian Overkill, WildWeasel's Nazis!, WildWeasel's Terrorists!
Last edited by Ltmajordude on Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ivory Duke

Post by Ivory Duke »

As long as they work properly I have no issue with that.
As written in the post everybody is free to use ZMovement as they please if credit is provided
mamaluigisbagel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by mamaluigisbagel »

Sorry for reviving, but I think the new update to QC:DE (2.6.1) is a bit broken when using the current ZMovement patch, usually with a lot of error messages related to killing the Maulotaur. It also feels like movement is slower, and if I remember right, it can crash sometimes.
Ivory Duke

Re: ZMovement 3.2: Return of the son of HOP HOP

Post by Ivory Duke »

Oh boy I guess I need to do something about it (i did)

Zmovement 3.2, shut up and HOP HOP some more
Tycholarfero

Post by Tycholarfero »

Honestly one of the best mods I've used in a very long time, I love messing around with this thing. Had to make an account here though because I've noticed some small issues with the new version? Firstly, the speedometer seems to just be not functioning for the moment, I've tried just this mod as standalone and reset back to default a few times, and both the Doom and Quake speedos don't seem to be showing up. I'm also not sure but the ramp jump toggle option in the menu seems to have been removed by mistake? Or maybe it was one of those useless things. The Quake movement setting seems somewhat broken compared to the last build (Unless this was a deliberate change?), when you set ground friction strength to anywhere below 8, running around on the ground and moving the mouse from left to right starts picking up speed as if it were bhopping right there (After further testing, I think it is broken? Just hopping regularly, holding 1 directional key only and with ground friction strength set to 8 still makes me gain speed very fast and I'm not sure it's supposed to do this) . And sadly, toggling wall jumps on breaks air dashing entirely, can't use them after it's toggled on. *edit* Found something else, toggled between 3.1 and 3.2, it seems the ledge grab/climb activates on some walls with thin ledges too early, thus me getting stuck on those thin ledges as the climb seems to loop when I try to back off with S. Doesn't seem to do that on 3.1 I don't think? (The ledges with the torches on Rylayeh [https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/level ... -r/rylayeh] seems to demonstrate this well) Also, sorry for the sporadic edits, but I found one last thing that seems to have changed, and that's on the Doom movement settings, nothing major but air speed seems to be set so it's always using the +run max speed rather than having regular speeds before going into +run speed in 3.1.

None of these bugs make the experience any lesser IMO, great update! I've been using it since the 3.1 update and I really can't get enough of it! I hope it's not too much to ask, but do you know if it's possible to add an angle slider to wall slides? Or if it would be possible to add a toggle in options for wall jump and wall slide that binds them to whatever the +run (for wallslide) and +jump (for walljump) keys are? I know the walljump key is bound to dash, but it seems a little difficult to pull off sometimes, and wall slide doesn't play amazingly with aliases. It's no biggie if you don't feel the need for these though, they're not all that important suggestions and I really can't express how good this mod has been regardless!
Last edited by Tycholarfero on Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
DmDarkshade
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by DmDarkshade »

Any chance for some compatibility with DooSK?
literally just a weapon rip id love to use Zmovement over the bundled dusk movement that comes with DOOSK

https://www.moddb.com/mods/doosk-aka-du ... ic-version
Ivory Duke

Post by Ivory Duke »

Thank you for the report:
- Quake Movement, fixed;
- air dash + walljump, fixed;
- Doom max air speed: it is just like in 3.1 (I checked) but I understand your point of view, air control will be lowered;
- Ledge Grabbing, fixed

I am gonna wait a couple of days to see if further issues arise before releasing 3.2.1.
In the meantime if you want to fix the Quake movement edit line 2184 of file ZScript/ZMovePlayer.ZMV to

Code: Select all

Control = Velocity < StopSpeed ? zm_friction : Velocity;
And line 2221 to

QuakeFriction(MaxGroundSpeed, 6.f);
To fix Ledge Grabbing edit the start of LedgeGrabInitiator() to

void LedgeGrabInitiator()
{
	let player = self.player;

//stop
	if(LedgeGrabbed || (Player.Cheats & CF_NOCLIP2) || Vel.XY dot AngleToVector(Angle) <= 0) { return; }
and line 3191 to

if(CandidateLedge > Pos.Z + Height * 0.6f && CandidateLedge <= Pos.Z + Height * 1.2f)
EDIT: I am not going to make a Doosk patch, I made the DuskMovement addon and I personally feel that is all that mod needs
Tycholarfero

Post by Tycholarfero »

Thank you so much! I'm glad I could help but this was a lot more than I expected, thank you! I'll be sure to post whatever I can find, I absolutely love this mod to the bone
Ivory Duke

Re: ZMovement 3.2.1: Final update (unless serious bugs)

Post by Ivory Duke »

3.2.1 I guess this is it, thank you everybody for the attention an support
thedeathrunner123
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Pro

Post by thedeathrunner123 »

How would I rip the grapple, crouch slide, and ledge grab out of this and make them into there own addons?
Ivory Duke

Post by Ivory Duke »

Since you did not clarify wherever you want to make an universal addon or a "only things I really care about of ZMovement" addon I will answer to both scenarios.

1 - Universal Addon: if you have little to no experience with ZScript I urge you to only try if you are willing to pour in an abominable amount of hours. I tried making a universal crouchslide addon that makes no compromises about the faithfullness of the rendition and hit a steep roadblock that I cannot overcome without spending a lot more time than I am curently willing to (may try again in the future).

2 - Just what I like: If you want to take them out you will have to take out keybinds, event handler, and player function that include variables used for those. The event handlers are easy to find, the variables are clearly listed near the top of the file (//Crouch Slide, //Grappling hook, //Ledge Grabbing). You are free to create your own addon as long as you keep it for personal use, I would not be fond of seeing unofficial lego pieces of ZMovement laying around.
thedeathrunner123
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Pro

Post by thedeathrunner123 »

I was looking for more number two. Take them out and make them their own addons for my use. dont worry about me sharing it, Thanks dude I'll come with any issues if i have em.
REVonZdoom

Post by REVonZdoom »

could you maybe post a seperate hook mod specifically for those who just want the hook and nothing else?
Ivory Duke

Post by Ivory Duke »

I will consider it but currently it is not in my "list of things I really want to do".
Therefore I make no promises on the delivery time.

However you are free to make your own Grappling Hook addon as long as you keep it for personal use.
Modders are free to integrate it in their own mod as long as credit is given.
REVonZdoom

Post by REVonZdoom »

Ivory Duke wrote:I will consider it but currently it is not in my "list of things I really want to do".
Therefore I make no promises on the delivery time.

However you are free to make your own Grappling Hook addon as long as you keep it for personal use.
Modders are free to integrate it in their own mod as long as credit is given.
Cool.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”