[v3.1.1] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Should I nerf fire based weapons like Dragon's Breath and Napalmkraftwerk?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:36 pm

Yes please, they're broken af
12%
Nah, they're fine
88%

Total votes: 25

D3athStalker

Re: [v3.0.1] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Post by D3athStalker »

Nems wrote:
Linz wrote:For some reason the Rune of Vitality slowly lowers your health instead of regenerating it?

Anyone else have this issue?
In the past version if your health is over 250 the Rune of Vitality causes your health to degenerate until it hits 250 again or the rune timer runs out. I've been meaning to report this bug but I keep forgetting lol

Also I plan on playing 3.0 through some stuff once I get some time. <3
Not sure if it's a bug, cuz the regen cap is at 250. Your health still decays when it's over 250, but at a slower pace.

Anyways, the bug fix update is here, enjoy <3

Link: https://mega.nz/file/YlY2UDBS#pAyh8j5nt ... mK_th8gF_k
Alternate link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/z12zn1vk3 ... 1.pk3/file
Spoiler: Changelog
Also I have added a poll regarding fire based weapons, feedback is most appreciated.
Starman the Blaziken
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Starman the Blaziken »

I was going to give some suggestion before you put this out, but I kind of forgot to talk about it.
Where you thinking of supporting the HUDs not get so squished on different scales? I usually go with what vanilla Doom has HUDs sized at because it looks nice but I can also see the stats pretty clearly. But as it is with the mod, it makes some bits maybe too large or something and just crosses with each other.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Fire based weapons are fairly deadly and helpful especially when you're surrounded or an arch-vile is in front of you, about to attack.

Tho the penalty of setting yourself on fire is kinda harsh.
Redead-ITA

Post by Redead-ITA »

My issue with this mod is that it spams the acs saying that 'none' is an unknown actor class when i equip either:
The pistol, smg, blackrose, super shotgun, leichenfaust, teslakanone, doesn't seem to do the same thing when crossweild but at the same time i can't seem to be able to reload the weapons there
Running the stable release of GZDOOM 4.4.2
additionally the leichenfaust will say it requires 7 upgrade kits to upgrade the weapon, but if you have less than required, it will say you need 5 to upgrade the weapon.
EddieMann

Re: [v3.0] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Post by EddieMann »

EddieMann wrote:Give the guns the same weight and feel as their wolfenstein TNO counterparts - either through more pronounced recoil or a buffed fire rate in the assault rifles, since they feel light and could use a little more impact.
Hmm, I tried to reduce the number of frames the weapon was shooting but thought it was firing a bit too fast. I also don't really want the thing have the same fire rate as the Submachine Gun.
Maybe a mid-way between the two, or at least a little more "bang", "oomph", or weight to the assault rifle? Something like what Final Doomer does with the Plutonia heavy machine gun, for example.
Linz

Post by Linz »

Tbh I'm really curious how you'll think up heavy weapon counterparts for the rest of the guns that don't have one yet

Also I am 100% certain the Schmerzmittel is a Painkiller reference
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

Redead-ITA wrote:My issue with this mod is that it spams the acs saying that 'none' is an unknown actor class when i equip either:
The pistol, smg, blackrose, super shotgun, leichenfaust, teslakanone, doesn't seem to do the same thing when crossweild but at the same time i can't seem to be able to reload the weapons there
Running the stable release of GZDOOM 4.4.2
That's odd, guess I gotta update my GZDoom since it doesn't happen with the slightly older version I have.
Linz wrote:Also I am 100% certain the Schmerzmittel is a Painkiller reference
8-)
YasuoProjectX
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YasuoProjectX »

i almost like this mod but i dont like Zmovement cuz its annoying to me 😭😭
PeaceKeep0r

Post by PeaceKeep0r »

I'm super duper loving this mod, this is my favorite thus far out of all I played, everything feels great!

One thing I noticed is I'm unable to disable enemy weapon drops, didn't see an option to disable in your mod, or if another mod I have may be triggering it. Did I happen to miss that option anywhere?
Zaidan1Fadhilah

Post by Zaidan1Fadhilah »

Awesome update!Played this with Kriegsland enemies pack,and it's really worth it!
Oh yes,can you add:
Character ideas:
*Fergus Reid
Ability:His prosthetic arm can kill an enemy if his arm detached from him
*Gerald Wilkins
Ability:He can jump a tall wall with his Kampfwanderer
*Max Hass
Ability:Can punch a soldier with one hit,and his maximum health is 600 or 550.
Weapons ideas:
*Bombenschuss
*Panzerschreck (from Wolfenstein 2009)
*Futuristic M1911
Magazine size:12
Total ammo:132
*Thompson (from The New Order)
acridAxid

Post by acridAxid »

After swinging the hatchet, the animation bringing BJ's hand back to the Grimmhammer is a bit spazzy.
OverDriver05

Post by OverDriver05 »

Just tried Doom Incarnate, and boy, am i emjoyed killing them Nazis!

Despite the FPS stuttering in the menu screen, the rest of the mod is running pretty well without only a few frame hiccups here and there.

And that's only when playing on low-end phone (Samsung Galaxy J1 (2016)) using the built-in LZDoom 3.87a of the Delta Touch source port!

Please include more performance options and quality-of-life features! It's so good!

Keep it up!
GeneralDelphox
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by GeneralDelphox »

I wanna play with this mod with nothing more but the Vanilla movement, but I can't seem to set Zmovement to the classic option. I tried putting the option to "Doom", but it's still doesn't work. Sure wish there was an option that completely disables Zmovement. I don't hate the mod, but when playing classic maps, it just feels off when playing with Zmovement.
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

GeneralDelphox wrote:I wanna play with this mod with nothing more but the Vanilla movement, but I can't seem to set Zmovement to the classic option. I tried putting the option to "Doom", but it's still doesn't work. Sure wish there was an option that completely disables Zmovement. I don't hate the mod, but when playing classic maps, it just feels off when playing with Zmovement.
There's been talk of zmove being seperated/removed next update, but until it comes out, it is possible to sort of attain vanilla doom movement by tweaking the settings of ZMove inside Doom Incarnate's settings.

This is what I use and its somewhat close:
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Just found out about this mod! Since it seems to have come out a bit after Dr_Cosmobyte's Kriegsland, I am almost tempted to nickname it "Kriegsland III". :lol:

Joking aside, I am having a lot of fun with it, but I have to wonder: why is there no weapon bound to Weapon Slot 1? I would have at least expected the Black Rose to be put there, since it has its own ammo type.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”