High Noon Drifter v1.2 - Between God, the Devil, and a .500

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
bricks041059
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: High Noon Drifter v1.2 - Between God, the Devil, and a .

Post by bricks041059 »

Captain J wrote:But travels really faster and instantly explodes on impact from the enemy. I think this is quite of a good trade.
My only issue with it is that it makes it rather difficult to use the grenades like grenades when you throw them at a wall and they bounce back at 90mph towards you. They're very fun to use though and the altfire is very cool 8-)
bricks041059

Post by bricks041059 »

Also, some odd thing that happens from time to time while playing. Suddenly, all of my attacks will seem to be coming from way under my crosshair, and the boomerang starts to bug out. It'll still pick up items, but upon returning the boomerang keeps spinning in the air holding the item until I move, in which I get the boomerang back and the item is dropped. Enemies will also go occasionally go through the player (in Heretic, when imps charge they can go straight through Corzo.) This seems to only happen in Heretic, I think, but it might happen in Doom as well, I dunno. Also, the keyboard shortcut for using the Deadman's Holster only works for the BFG9000 replacement, not the item in Heretic.
retronutcase

Post by retronutcase »

bricks041059 wrote:Also, some odd thing that happens from time to time while playing. Suddenly, all of my attacks will seem to be coming from way under my crosshair, and the boomerang starts to bug out. It'll still pick up items, but upon returning the boomerang keeps spinning in the air holding the item until I move, in which I get the boomerang back and the item is dropped. Enemies will also go occasionally go through the player (in Heretic, when imps charge they can go straight through Corzo.) This seems to only happen in Heretic, I think, but it might happen in Doom as well, I dunno. Also, the keyboard shortcut for using the Deadman's Holster only works for the BFG9000 replacement, not the item in Heretic.
I think the "attacks aren't aligned with crosshair" bug happens if you finish a level while sliding. Try sliding again or crouching and uncrouching, i recall something along those lines fixing it for me.
bricks041059

Post by bricks041059 »

retronutcase wrote:
bricks041059 wrote:Also, some odd thing that happens from time to time while playing. Suddenly, all of my attacks will seem to be coming from way under my crosshair, and the boomerang starts to bug out. It'll still pick up items, but upon returning the boomerang keeps spinning in the air holding the item until I move, in which I get the boomerang back and the item is dropped. Enemies will also go occasionally go through the player (in Heretic, when imps charge they can go straight through Corzo.) This seems to only happen in Heretic, I think, but it might happen in Doom as well, I dunno. Also, the keyboard shortcut for using the Deadman's Holster only works for the BFG9000 replacement, not the item in Heretic.
I think the "attacks aren't aligned with crosshair" bug happens if you finish a level while sliding. Try sliding again or crouching and uncrouching, i recall something along those lines fixing it for me.
I'll try that, thanks for letting me know!
Linz

Post by Linz »

Now all we need is a western music mod to play this bad boy with,lel
ghostboy1225

Post by ghostboy1225 »

One of the Few things i had issue with was the handgrenades. I Recently figured out whati would have replaced them with though and that would be a a dynamite bundle ala Blood. though what dwe do have is pretty high quality.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

It's true that Dynamite suits both perfectly and retrospectively to the western spaghetti theme, but i think small, light compact hand grenades would do because you throw them quickly and bounce on everywhere in the game. Feels like it's something dyna would never do.
Linz

Post by Linz »

Anyone know any western music packs?
thedeathrunner123
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Pro

Post by thedeathrunner123 »

Need a little help with some code fuckery. Trying to modify the dead man's holster to not use up a charge when firing, essentially making it unlimited. (cheaty I know, shhh.) How would I go about doing this?
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

Trivial. Open zactors/items/quickdraw.zsc, go to line 524, and comment it out.
Spoiler:
Like so. However that special feature should feel like a treat to use, so avoid it lest you cheapen it like that.
Gollgagh

Post by Gollgagh »

You could probably add a check in there for "if(!sv_infinteammo) ..." or somesuch that it only checks for available ammo if that sv is disabled.
thedeathrunner123

Thank you very much guys, appreciate the help!
mofumofu

Post by mofumofu »

Hello, I am playing through Hexen on gzDoom 4.5.0 using High Noon Drifter and in several places I have been blocked due to not being able to jump high enough, in the second hub (can't jump up the rocks to get to the secret level, had to come back with the saddle) and most importantly in the third hub map Orchard of Lamentations, where progression is stopped due to insufficient jump height. I'm not sure what is going on there specifically but I thought someone should look into it...
thedeathrunner123

Just increase your jump mod in the mods settings menu.
StroggVorbis

Post by StroggVorbis »

Hexen's playerclasses have a JumpZ of 9, while all other games employ 8. Just set Jump mod to 1.125 and you should be good to go.

On a side note: In Strife the player has a MaxStepHeight of 16, while all other games have 24. AFAIK, it's not possible to change that inside HND's options menu.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”