[3.4!] FINAL DOOMER +

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Gorec

Re: [3.3!] FINAL DOOMER +

Post by Gorec »

cncz wrote:This mod seems to have a fatal failure with god knows what (at least on arch linux nvidia drivers) that causes the gpu to completely freeze up needing you to unplug the pc, can't provide any logs unfortunately due to the severity of the crash
this was an issue when i had my old pc and played jade earth - in fd options go to dynamic item visuals and set it to "dynamic visuals mode", it makes all unsued weapon sets not appear in the level(found out with iddt lol)
also go to weaponset options and do stuff there
ALSO one of gzdoom dev builds was making your pc very slow i dont remember which maybe its part of the problem too
rhyrhygogo

Post by rhyrhygogo »

Dumb suggestion but
Make the Acient Aliens shotgun Lever action cause why not
007Bistromath

Post by 007Bistromath »

rhyrhygogo wrote:Dumb suggestion but
man's got a point
007Bistromath

Post by 007Bistromath »

Well, apparently Yholl is secretly a god and I accidentally prayed to him for skills. I've been trying the Whitemare set off and on for weeks with no appreciable progress, but the very next time I try it after mentioning it here everything just kind of clicked.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

rhyrhygogo wrote:Dumb suggestion but
n o
007Bistromath wrote:Well, apparently Yholl is secretly a god and I accidentally prayed to him for skills. I've been trying the Whitemare set off and on for weeks with no appreciable progress, but the very next time I try it after mentioning it here everything just kind of clicked.
Heh, I did wonder if it would. It is a very strong set, after all, so I was quite confused you were having trouble with it.
007Bistromath

Post by 007Bistromath »

Yholl wrote:n o
You don't have to do a flip-cocking animation, you know. I'm sure that's what you're worried about. It'd look good and quite thematic to start from the standard shotgun animation and just have the gripping hand work the lever like a normal person.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

007Bistromath wrote:You don't have to do a flip-cocking animation, you know. I'm sure that's what you're worried about. It'd look good and quite thematic to start from the standard shotgun animation and just have the gripping hand work the lever like a normal person.
We're not going back and changing already finished things on a whim, I have enough to do as it is.
so uhh n o
DOEL

Post by DOEL »

Any news on getting compatible with Zandronum?
rockman

Post by rockman »

Is there any way to make the JCP shotguns projectiles go faster?
VGA

Post by VGA »

rockman wrote:Is there any way to make the JCP shotguns projectiles go faster?
Should be kinda easy to edit the mod to do that. Using SLADE.
rockman

Post by rockman »

VGA wrote:
rockman wrote:Is there any way to make the JCP shotguns projectiles go faster?
Should be kinda easy to edit the mod to do that. Using SLADE.

Tweaked every weapon to my liking now. The Hellbound rifle is a jackhammer now and the minigun had a hidden explosive rounds function damn. Thanks VGA
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

DOEL wrote:Any news on getting compatible with Zandronum?
Unlikely to ever happen, at this point.
Landrag

Post by Landrag »

Did a recent change to GZDoom cause conflicts with Final Doomer 3.3? :?:

During my attempt to play, ammunition pickups only award 1 or 2 units of their respective types. I also noticed that custom sprites for weapon and ammo pickups weren't showing up at all, but rather the default Doom sprites. I've had the good fortune to play the mod as intended before, so I know something's not quite right. This behavior happens when I load only Final Doomer in ZDL and nothing else.
IDKrisis

Post by IDKrisis »

I am no good at modding myself, but mods like this make me imagine my own themed weapon sets. I know that you might be bored with working on this mod at this point, so feel free to ignore me, but I will share my idea of a weapon set for the Going Down wad below.

Office Chair (melee)
After our hero stole this wheeled chair from the UAC offices, they took to bolting their chairs to the floor. Shame. Longer reach than the fists, but slower.

Old Faithful (pistol)
A prized possession, this high-calibre pistol is old, but well cared-for. High power and accuracy, but low fire rate.

Cell Phone Charger (chainsaw)
Allows you to use your phone for something other than receiving calls from your mother. Your phone can now be used on monsters to ring their cell phone. The ringtone annoys nearby monsters so much they will attack the target. This should not work on bosses, who probably keep their phones switched off anyway.

Office Issue Shotgun (shotgun)
Exactly why the UAC issued so many of their executives with these is a mystery. Painted white and marked with a barcode to stop executives getting too attached to them. They use shredded documents as ammo. The paper pellets hit hard, but soon fall to the ground.

Paper Cutter (super shotgun)
It's quite clear from this weapon's design that some UAC office worker has got REALLY sick of their job. Once enough paper has been stuffed into the barrel, this gun can fire it out in a deadly hail of razor-sharp shreds. Less powerful than the super shotgun, but each shred it fires can penetrate one enemy. Uses shredded documents as ammo.

Super Stapler (machine gun)
Something about the UAC office environment appears to be making the workers more and more unstable. Many of them have taken to upgrading their staplers into these rapid-fire monstrosities, firing staples with enough force to kill. Enemies put into a pain state by this weapon are briefly immobilised, stapled into place. Uses staples as ammo, of course.

Clusterf***er (rocket launcher)
The fact that the UAC would even have this weapon in their offices and labs is testament to their failing sanity. This launcher fires cluster rockets, which scatter tiny bomblets in all directions on impact.

Warp Rifle (plasma rifle)
Created in an attempt to exploit the reality-warping powers of demons, the sinister energies this weapon uses might go some way toward explaining the rapidly spreading madness. It fires a torrent of dark energy orbs which weave drunkenly through the air. The warp cells that power it have an ominous air about them, as if possessed by the souls of the hopelessly insane.

Reality Breaker (BFG)
Whether this weapon is entirely real or a product of our hero's increasingly unstable mental state is not entirely clear, but one thing is for sure - the madness is catching, not to mention deadly. Each blast from this otherworldy-looking weapon seems to be made up of a mass of disturbing hallucinations made real. The initial blast covers a wide area and any enemies that survive it either flee in terror or start to fight amongst themselves. If the BFG ammo system is set to use separate pickups, these pickups take the form of madness orbs, which seem to contain a manically laughing face that blends the features of several demons.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

I... i can't say i don't like the idea here. BUT, just to compliment the theme, i would make a Rubber Band Rifle to replace the plasma rifle and a Super Rubber Band Launcher to replace the BFG =ppppppp

Return to “Gameplay Mods”