[Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5e

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5d

Post by Zhs2 »

You can drop blueprints, yes. That's a feature - blueprints specifically aren't removed from the inventory in multiplayer after use, for sharing. But upgrades you get from them can't be dropped.

The names I shared are for full primary upgrades, gained from using the tinker's toolbelt to fully upgrade a weapon. Those can be shared by using the dropitem command in console. Partial upgrades cannot. This mod was made before any ZScript fanciness so all of the tokens weapons check to see if they're upgraded are all inventory items.
Vphurple Izumi
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Vphurple Izumi »

Zhs2 wrote:You can drop blueprints, yes. That's a feature - blueprints specifically aren't removed from the inventory in multiplayer after use, for sharing. But upgrades you get from them can't be dropped.

The names I shared are for full primary upgrades, gained from using the tinker's toolbelt to fully upgrade a weapon. Those can be shared by using the dropitem command in console. Partial upgrades cannot. This mod was made before any ZScript fanciness so all of the tokens weapons check to see if they're upgraded are all inventory items.
ah
I see so as I thought partial upgrades are out of the question,

Oh and is there any command just to give "junk" to yourself or another player?
that would solve the problem I guess, if we are gonna use Sv_Cheats to spawn weapons might as well give the other player some "junk" so he can just upgrade his own weapon.
>Or a command to drop those "junk" pickups I guess.

>Or the best way I can think of a slider in mod-option to change show much likely is "junk" spawn or drop,

hope I am not asking for too much, because me and my friends sometimes play 4-Player coop and such and there is not enough junk to go around
Also some weapons just disappear on pick up, thats another thing tho
i.e.
F.M.G [map spawned] stays after pick up so there player can pick it up too all good.
but the Eliminator [Map spawned] the leave action one just vanishes when picked up buy the first player.
but the alternative for the Eliminator, the Chrome Justice dose stay on pick up.
we have SSG replacement set to randomized
so sometimes we all get a gun, the other times is a fuss over who gets that one gun.
"is this something related to random weapon spawning or something?" i thought so i changed it to Eliminator only, but it didn't fix it still disappears on pick up,

Oh while I am at it, one more thing not a problem but kina of strange
When I first load trailblazer for multiplayer we used are normal coop.cfg for you know dmflags and stuff and enemies wouldn't drop weapons so I checked all the flags one by one and turns out if you have the flag Spawn multi. weapons off, they don't drop anything so I turned it on, I used to think it was for deathmatch weapons spawns, I have turned it on and did thing change anything but enemies drop weapons now, first mod when I have had turned on that flag.

and that makes me thing he weapon disappears might be a flags thing? idk these are the flags we use "+dmflags 1061748736 +dmflags2 268435456"
so I tried it with both the dmflags set to 0 didn't fix it either.

Edit
oh and +sv_weaponstay 1 didn't do anything either, added it to the config then, when the game was runing typed in "sv_weaponstay "ture" defalt "false" "
Last edited by Vphurple Izumi on Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
Vphurple Izumi

Post by Vphurple Izumi »

Oh and
"Explosions are your friend!"
For being a master exploder, this guy can be barely scratched by the carnage he causes, making barrels he explodes, and grenades he launches quite harmless, compared to what they should actually do with him.
so are the Explosions supposed to be harmless or reduced damage,

If we use Sv_Cheats 1 in multiplayer explosion do zero damage again, but sometimes they start doing damage again.
With out the use of Sv_Cheats 1 in multiplayer Masochism mode on or off, change nothing exposition still do full damage

Ok so I did the Sv_Cheats 1 multiplayer testing by using "give all"/"IDKFA", byt when i did all the testing without that, [My bad I am really sorry]

Turns out>
- in singeplayer explosion do damage full damage Masochism mode is set on or off [The same damage like it changes nothing, not like they do damage as in low and high but the same damage]
but when using "give all"/"IDKFA", they do zero damage.
- explosion do damage full damage Masochism mode is set on or off in multiplayer. [The same damage like it changes nothing, not like they do damage as in low and high but the same damage]
but when using "give all"/"IDKFA", they do zero damage.

So now I have two questions
>so are the Explosions supposed to be harmless or reduced damage?
>is Masochism mode broken? like do explosion don't extra damage with it on, or are the already doing full damage with it set to off?

Edit 2
and what item could it be that "give all"/"IDKFA" that makes you immune to explosions?
Master Exploder
Immune to own explosions. Barrels have occasionally way more powerful explosions. Monsters drop Blastspheres.
I am just plain stupid sorry, but still
>so are the Explosions supposed to be harmless or reduced damage?
>is Masochism mode broken? like do explosion don't extra damage with it on, or are the already doing full damage with it set to off?

Oh and this might not be a problem for me but it might me for someone else,
Seasick simulator/KeksTilt when turned off makes the weapon models stutter when moving as in the weapon bob animation gets all choppy and stuff,
for now I have just kept it on and lowered all the sliders to zero, and allow pitching off.
so thats that
Tried using dev builds of GzDOOM solved the
Seasick simulator/KeksTilt when turned off makes the weapon models stutter, so thats an engine side bug, but what about the jetpack and not working if you are not in motion?
and still taking full damage from explosions with Masochism mode off, or not taking extra damage with Masochism mode on in the dev builds as well :/

Also AutoMap shows keys[dat a cheat]
Checked in options
show keys set to off
always show keys set to off
if maybe related in mod options key sharing is also set to off

At this point I think there is some Knows bugs page and I am just blind.
Vphurple Izumi

Post by Vphurple Izumi »

So you guys don't have to waste your time on the light novels I am writing on the forms, i put all them into one post.
Known Bugs The Trailblazer v1.5d & GzDOOM v4.5.0
  • 1. AutoMap shows keys, as if "Always show keys" is set to on.
    2. The jetpack item does not function from a standstill.
Spoiler:
  • 3. Masochism mode is not functional.
Spoiler:
  • 4. Weapon bobbing jittery with Seasick simulator/KeksTilt disabled.
    5. Eliminator does not stay after pickup in multiplayer.
    6. With the flag "Spawn multi. weapons" set to off enemies do not drop weapons upon death in multiplayer.
    7. Dropping or sharing weapons in multiplayer may completely break the upgrading system, in many different ways.
    8. Reloading the F.M.G rifle moves the player view/aim to the right slightly
Spoiler:
Some Visual glitches[Using OpenGL]
  • 1. The tracer for the fully upgraded F.M.G rifle look like they are coming from the scope instead of the barrel.

2. "Uranium Shot" blueprint upgrade for the Eliminator does this sometimes,

So this is how it normally looks.

But then sometimes this happens.

The visual effect gets bugged vertically so no matter when u aim on the wall the effect is always on the top end of the wall.
Suggestions
  • 1. A slider in Mod-Option to change how likely is "Junk" to spawn or drop.
Last edited by Vphurple Izumi on Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShockwaveS08
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Android 10

Post by ShockwaveS08 »

On GZDoom v4.5.0, there appears to be a conflict between m8f's Precise Crosshair addon and Trailblazer: when both are loaded simultaneously, the Precise Crosshair fails to show up at all, though the standard, static GZDoom crosshair works as normal.
m8f

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Post by m8f »

ShockwaveS08 wrote:On GZDoom v4.5.0, there appears to be a conflict between m8f's Precise Crosshair addon and Trailblazer: when both are loaded simultaneously, the Precise Crosshair fails to show up at all, though the standard, static GZDoom crosshair works as normal.
m8f wrote:I have to report that the issue with Autoautosave is on Trailblazer side, and it causes problems not only with Autoautosave.

The culprit is this line in ZMAPINFO.txt:

Code: Select all

gameinfo
{
	eventhandlers = "tb_playerhandler"
EventHandlers property specifies event handler list, overriding any existing event handlers, thus disabling any mod that works through an event handler and that is loaded before Trailblazer.

Changing this line to AddEventHandlers fixes the issue.
TL;DR: edit ZMAPINFO or change the load order.
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

Mod_till_crash wrote: 2. "Uranium Shot" blueprint upgrade for the Eliminator does this sometimes,

The visual effect gets bugged horizontally so no matter when u aim on the wall the effect is always on the top end of the wall.
The team might have figured it out by now, but it looks to be an issue with the railattack's puff, possibly that its spawning inside the raised sector and thus getting its height adjusted. Tested with nointeraction and it fixed it, so figured i'd throw that out there just in case it's helpful.

Edit: also mentioned this in the CorruptionCards topic, but when pairing the blursphere card with trailblazer, the Eliminator and Conquorer's firing frames have a black background, specifically when paired with the 'CCards_Actor_TogglingBlurSphere' actor from there. Those weapon sprites are the only ones I saw that did the black background and then additive rendering overlay, so i feel like that might be the culprit. Figured I'd mention it here as well in case he's not able to fix it on his end.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Ryuhi wrote:The team might have figured it out by now, but it looks to be an issue with the railattack's puff, possibly that its spawning inside the raised sector and thus getting its height adjusted. Tested with nointeraction and it fixed it, so figured i'd throw that out there just in case it's helpful.

Edit: also mentioned this in the CorruptionCards topic, but when pairing the blursphere card with trailblazer, the Eliminator and Conquorer's firing frames have a black background, specifically when paired with the 'CCards_Actor_TogglingBlurSphere' actor from there. Those weapon sprites are the only ones I saw that did the black background and then additive rendering overlay, so i feel like that might be the culprit. Figured I'd mention it here as well in case he's not able to fix it on his end.
I'd probably figure what's wrong eventually, but that speeds it up, thanks.

Eeeeh, more like not exactly feeling like fixing it; I guess I have a method to remove the black backgrounds from those, but I noticed that the light from the flash had lost some of the volume whenever I did that. EDIT: I guess I'll do that to fix it in case of that bug anyway, shouldn't be that much noticable, might be me just seeing things, either.
Mod_till_crash wrote:stuff
1. Intentional feature.
2. Fixed; made it not respond unless you hold directional key.
3. I think at some point I was doing some shenanigans and removed it, since it wasn't my addition anyway. I should remove the menu entry or re-add that stuff, wherever that was... probably playerclass.
4. That'll probably be fixed after new gzdoom release.
5. Not much I can do about it, given the way dualies are handled.
6. Weird.. But given item drop shenanigans in TB being an absolute hot mess, doubt I can fix it without killing my sanity.
7. Zhs2 kinda said stuff like this is supported, but... Not exactly. I'd rather not touch that too extensively. I went around in a way where mostly you can just trade blueprints, if anything.
8. Yep, intentional; I think I wanted to add it to more weapons but I kinda forgot about that, lol.

FMG tracer - Probably cause I was messing with attackzoffset and missed adjusting that.
Eliminator shots - I guess you can see the answer above for that.
Junk slider - I feel this would require from me a bit more tinkering than I am willing to do atm, but will think about it, it's the thing about item drop shenanigans in TB being an absolute hot mess again.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Mod_till_crash wrote: 2. "Uranium Shot" blueprint upgrade for the Eliminator does this sometimes,
This isn't exclusive to Trailblazer, it's a common (though not-so-commonly-occurring) issue with puffs being spawned in the DOOM Engine. Something funky about map anatomy and "line normals".

It even happened in my own mod, though other scripters were able to cook up some super-advanced ZScript to get it to spawn properly in most cases... reducing the occurrences even further.
Vphurple Izumi

Post by Vphurple Izumi »

Ah thanks for clearing all of this up for me, at this point I have gotten so used to all of it because the game flow is quite good.
There no need to burn yourself out over it, I am glade that we have the mod in the first place,
Again many thanks for all of the this.
PillowBlaster

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5e

Post by PillowBlaster »

Yo, not much to say other than smol update time.
Spoiler: chamgloeg
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

The gun still vibrates when I move (and KeksTilt is off).
The Nameless Watcher

Post by The Nameless Watcher »

Minor Bug Report
Key Display on the HUD is not clearing in between maps. Key functionality works as normal, seems to be purely a display issue.
This happens with both versions of the HUD. Tested with a fresh GZDoom (4.5 and the latest dev build) install and the issue persisted. Also tried altering the various settings related to keys but nothing changed.
Likely related, but if cheating to give yourself keys, the do not appear on the HUD but function as normal.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

AvzinElkein wrote:The gun still vibrates when I move (and KeksTilt is off).
Iz fixed in the development version, seems like? Pretty sure that had to be an error on our side, but if it works, I ain't complaining.
The Nameless Watcher wrote:Minor Bug Report
Key Display on the HUD is not clearing in between maps. Key functionality works as normal, seems to be purely a display issue.
This happens with both versions of the HUD. Tested with a fresh GZDoom (4.5 and the latest dev build) install and the issue persisted. Also tried altering the various settings related to keys but nothing changed.
Likely related, but if cheating to give yourself keys, the do not appear on the HUD but function as normal.
That'd be me missing some vital parts to how nu-Keyshare scripting works as I went about backporting it from GC - I've decided to give it a quick fix and reupload the file. Redownload plz (did the same for RO).
Vphurple Izumi

Post by Vphurple Izumi »

PillowBlaster wrote:Yo, not much to say other than smol update time.

V1.5e
-Fixed Jetpack thrust using up fuel for nothing if you use it without holding any direction to thrust for.
-Fixed FMG firing positioning.
-Fixed Eliminator puffs spawning weird when hitting elevated walls.
OH YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Thanks for all the work my ocd can rest now XD

Now the only thing that is left is F.M.G rifle when reloaded moving your aim a lil bit to the right, but thats just nitpicking at this point but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Suggestions still stands as there isn't nearly enough junk to go around in a 4 player coop game.
1. A slider in Mod-Option to change how likely is "Junk" to spawn/drop on kills.

Again thanks a lot for all of your support on this mod.
Last edited by Vphurple Izumi on Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”