The Guncaster - 3.888b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: The Guncaster - 3.666

Post by wildweasel »

The forums literally have a spoiler tag.
Spoiler: You can even label the buttons.
rautamiekka
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by rautamiekka »

wildweasel wrote:The forums literally have a spoiler tag.
Spoiler: You can even label the buttons.
True that.
Dinosaur_Nerd
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Dinosaur_Nerd »

heavymetalharry wrote:Thanks that did help, one more stupid question though, whats the difference between this and guncaster vinticated?
There are several differences, too many to list here, luckily there's a list of things I've designed and augmented on the page for the mod itself
retronutcase wrote:Vindicated is an offshoot by another modder that adds additional features, effectively trying to merge it and certain aspects of Brutal Doom like monsters/gore. At least that's what it looked like when I tried it. Assuming you just want the original Guncaster experience, stick with PB's original.
Hmmm... You can always check the credits.txt or crewpage of GC official to see exactly which devs are involved in what mods/games. That's why we include credits and crewpages afterall. GC has always included brutal gore, again, this can easily be found in the credits.txt, though I re-wrote the code to be a lot more legible, and more flexible for GC long before I re-wrote the weapon code to make deadmaker spells work with all weapons and not just melee while I was working on GCV.

If you check the GCV credits, you'll find exactly who designed the monster sprites, and explanations of what animations I made myself. I wrote the monster code from scratch with a LOT of help from Zhs.

Hope this clears it all up.
Tesculpture

Post by Tesculpture »

Having played the hell out of 3.666, I have found some bugs to report.
Spoiler: Beware: once noticed, they may be hard to ignore
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Tesculpture wrote:Having played the hell out of 3.666, I have found some bugs to report.
Spoiler: Beware: once noticed, they may be hard to ignore
Spoiler: Senpai noticed your bugs
KeksDose

Post by KeksDose »

Fixed supermags. Shop display not updating sounds like you were playing multiplayer. Net delay can prevent the display from updating in time. The intentional behaviour is that clicking causes it to update and that's what it does for me, no cvars involved.
HowdyMan99
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by HowdyMan99 »

I think this may be a bug with the text. Certain fonts use only capitalized Y's, and I don't know what to do to fix it! May I request help?
KeksDose

Post by KeksDose »

Oh yes that's definitely a bug on our end, too. Unfortunately I don't know a fix, but I can at least tell you not to worry until somebody can fix it in some update.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

HowdyMan99 wrote:I think this may be a bug with the text. Certain fonts use only capitalized Y's, and I don't know what to do to fix it! May I request help?
Yeah, I'm aware of the problem, except I don't quite know when or why that happens either. If someone more knowledgeable about graphics-based fonts (rather than .fon files) could enlighten me, that'd be mint, especially that it used to be fine before.
m_falcone

Post by m_falcone »

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but I really liked the regenerating rockets of the golden emperor, maybe it could be added in as an option? Also could the guided mode of the emperor be more like RO's deathshead nuke launcher in that you can guide it via rocket cam? Also love your mod and thanks for making it.
CaptainMegavolt

Post by CaptainMegavolt »

PillowBlaster wrote:Strange. I tried it with latest gzdoom as of now (4.4.2) and seems to work fine. Maybe updating that will help?
I'm on 4.4.2, 64bit, not sure what the issue is. Might try reinstalling.
CaptainMegavolt

Post by CaptainMegavolt »

Addendum to my last post - tried getting a clean install of GZDoom and Guncaster, and no dice.
Panzermann11
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Panzermann11 »

The lowercase Y appears to be uppercase when playing in Doom. I don't seem to recall seeing this back then.
fontbug.png
fontbug.png (5.01 KiB) Viewed 788 times
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

The uppercase Y font bug is a GZDoom bug, and it's been fixed in GZDoom devbuilds. The next official release of GZDoom won't have random uppercase Ys (I hope). viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69963
Punk2000

Post by Punk2000 »

Hello there, i know this is my firts post in this forum but i want to share my opinion about this mod...

Well starting with the PROS

- Gotta say i like the amount of options of enhancements to the protagonist and his weapons.
- The background history of the protagonist.
- Good mod for map where you have you SLAUGHTER tons of enemies.
- Decent graphics improvements so you dont need "monster" computer to run it.
- Good amount of gameplay options,
- Friendly with (almost) any kid of WAD's

The CONS

- Lack of monster diversity
- Lack of "features" like "glory kills"
- Lack of brutality, the body of the enemies just explode or just burns but thats it, no gibs or parts of the bodies scatered...

The NO GOOD but at the same time te NO BAD things.

- Some weapons improvements are too powerfull, for example the Railgun weapon with his ability to see through the walls and the Dreadfull with his "nuke" option can kinda ruin the mod, you use them and bye bye to the "direct salughter" because you can "clean" the map without direct combat, they are good but too powerful.

- The main character ITS A DRAGON but some times i thing he just an normal demon with steroids, in my honest opinion his design can be better.

The use of the BADASS suit and the "demon mask" increase your height, looks badass but sometimes can be annoying in narrow spaces, the dev team (maybe) SHOULD add an option that keep the normal height.

Well for now thats all i hope the dev can look my post, again i just want to share my opinion without the desire of offense or something alike, its a good mod but just renember that saying "Even in the best works theres always room for more".

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”