DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Machine-Reaper

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.4] [MP-B7.3]

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Doomguy914 wrote: anyone that would like to help out a fellow Doom player, please feel free to PM me what code I would have to edit/remove in order to remove his spawns, but still keep adaptive difficulty monsters scaling.
I have a modified spawn file that replaces dark marty and any boss monsters with Black and White versions of Colourful hell bosses,

you should try them with Legendoom Lite to increase the spiciness 8-)
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Bofubutt wrote:Humbly requesting an Abominant nerf.
I might mess with the painchance, but otherwise I have no plans on nerfing it.
It is, after all, currently the nastiest critter you can encounter.
Doomguy914 wrote:Has there been any consideration at any point to make Marty appearances optional?
I have not, sorry. This boss mechanic is something I've been working hard on to provide more interesting encounters as you gain better gear, I am not inclined to disable it at all.
There are at least two more bosses that will appear after him in the next update which make him seem like a pushover, if you're looking for more horror they'll certainly put that in you, heh.
Bofubutt

Post by Bofubutt »

Joey Diamond wrote:I think what Abominant requires was higher pain chance, especially during it's undodgable attack like the gaze or that homing lighthole thing.

But DRLA also gave you so many choices and let you play outside of the box, why don't you try using personal teleporter out instead of having to duel with him in a cage with nowhere to hide?
There are some mapsets where you don't even get personal teleporters since they tend to spawn with player corpses, but some mapsets don't even use player corpses (for instance, I don't remember ever seeing one in Sunlust).

I guess there's a solution for this, in a way: the in-game change skill option could probably be used to force it to a lower difficulty.
Doomguy914

Post by Doomguy914 »

Figured there was no harm in asking. Guess I'll just work on from where I nerfed him and see what I can manage. Thanks for the quick response, Yholl.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Bofubutt wrote:
There are some mapsets where you don't even get personal teleporters since they tend to spawn with player corpses, but some mapsets don't even use player corpses (for instance, I don't remember ever seeing one in Sunlust).

I guess there's a solution for this, in a way: the in-game change skill option could probably be used to force it to a lower difficulty.
making everything easy or nerfing it is not how you make gameplay good.

there are like tons of other bosses in the game and the Abominanat only appears if you get really powerful unique weapon or something similar otherwise it never appears.

if you think getting such OP stuff and not facing any difficulty is okay, suite yourself, I prefer getting my ass beat by meaner monsters the more OP I get.

oh yeah, I consider Doom Eternal a good game btw.
Doomguy914

Post by Doomguy914 »

Spoiler:
I too like my daily dose of rage induced mania due to horrible luck during a RLA run, but I find Zeta-Shop can curb the rage part and allow me to tailor a run to just the right amount of challenge without giving me the means to be OP.
retronutcase

Post by retronutcase »

I've found Zetashop is a little *too* good for me personally. On most runs I'm guaranteed to get what I want if I save up my credits. Part of me thinks it'd be neat if Zetashop had a shuffle/random option where instead of everything being available, the shop's offers are randomized per level.
Doomguy914

Post by Doomguy914 »

I clear Zetashop in-between runs. If it's a single wad, but episodic, I leave the items and switch between classes until I finish the wad. If it's a megawad, I leave it alone and finish the run as a random class. As soon as I finish that wad, I just clear Zetashop and it's a fresh start. Same thing with the RLA PDA. Clear it every time I start a new run, and enable the option for needing a blueprint before you can make an assembly.

If for some reason I need to keep all the credits/items I acquired from a previous run, say I'm going into a slaughter map set, I can just choose to not wipe the PDA/Zeta info. Yholl and the Zeta-Shop author worked together to streamline the process for RLA. Just under the DRLA options go to the other mod options available. Should have Legendoom, Colorful Hell, and other options to choose from.

https://imgur.com/a/v0pBxVO

(I don't know how to add direct images on here, or if it's even allowed on this thread.)
Bofubutt

Post by Bofubutt »

Machine-Reaper wrote:
Bofubutt wrote:

making everything easy or nerfing it is not how you make gameplay good.

there are like tons of other bosses in the game and the Abominanat only appears if you get really powerful unique weapon or something similar otherwise it never appears.

if you think getting such OP stuff and not facing any difficulty is okay, suite yourself, I prefer getting my ass beat by meaner monsters the more OP I get.

oh yeah, I consider Doom Eternal a good game btw.
Putting in a request for some sort of balance adjustment for a single enemy doesn't mean I want things to be a cakewalk. In fact, there are a good many enemies I wish hadn't been nerfed (I miss the old school Hellstorm Elementals, for instance). It means that, in certain situations, something is completely impossible to circumvent. I'm fine with just a tweak to the pain chance so that I have a fighting chance.

And for the record, I've had Abominants spawn on MAP02 on an Adaptive runs without having any legendaries without cranking up the DL.
Sgt. Ham
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Sgt. Ham »

Bofubutt wrote: And for the record, I've had Abominants spawn on MAP02 on an Adaptive runs without having any legendaries without cranking up the DL.
What version of GZDoom are you using? Because Adaptive is bugged on newer versions to where the only enemies that spawn are Armageddon. I always use 4.3.3 for DRLA to fix that.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Bofubutt wrote: And for the record, I've had Abominants spawn on MAP02 on an Adaptive runs without having any legendaries without cranking up the DL.
that should not be possible unless you have RNJesus ON or your playing on an untested version of GZDoom.

Remember, Abomininat is the absolute toughest boss in the game and it has to be cause its the most unlikely enemy you may encounter.
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

The download links aren't working on my end. Can you check it out.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Which download links are not working, specifically? Arsenal and Monster pack ones are working tho
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

Adaptive works fine now but keep the +DL/level to 1 or lower if doing full megawads unless you like lack of enemy variety late game, and make sure RNGseus is turned off for the same reason. As for balance, that can only be set per-map and per yourself but the defaults are generally a good starting point, and you might also like to try the 0 credit start with Zetashop.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

fakemai wrote:Adaptive works fine now but keep the +DL/level to 1 or lower if doing full megawads unless you like lack of enemy variety late game, and make sure RNGseus is turned off for the same reason. As for balance, that can only be set per-map and per yourself but the defaults are generally a good starting point, and you might also like to try the 0 credit start with Zetashop.
I do wish there was a mode which completely randomized everything and no danger level was present, sort of like True RNJesus where instead of getting Armageddon enemies from Map 1 you would literally get anything.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”