Beelzebub's Labyrinth (wave based survival[?] map)

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Sgt Major Kiwi
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Beelzebub's Labyrinth (wave based survival[?] map)

Post by Sgt Major Kiwi »

Have you ever wanted to just kick back, relax, and kill demons for a very, very long time? Well, now you can, I guess.
Spoiler: screenshots
I made this over the course of... a while. it features a nice wave based progression system, which increases the number of monsters per wave as you go as well as the monster types, going from zeds, imps and pinkies to revenants, nobles, and archviles. it also changes the bonus loot you can get at the end of each wave.

Get the map here: https://github.com/Beelzebold/Beelzebub-s-Labyrinth

just keep in mind, UV is 4 times harder than ITYTD. so, if you're playing with a mod that makes the game a bit harder to play, well, tone the difficulty down.
(note: corpses don't disappear, so on lower end systems they may cause lag and will be hard to see through.)

music used is from freedoom 2.
openroadracer
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: Beelzebub's Labyrinth (wave based survival[?] map)

Post by openroadracer »

Good map, fun to run around and shoot demons in.

That said, that teleporter into the "blood and guts" area feels kind of unnecessary, especially since it seems you're spawning enemies via a script somehow. Honestly, just having two unusable teleporter pads instead of the two teleporter gates would be better, especially considering that enemies can get stuck in the other room.

Other than that, the one thing that would make this even better is a script to cull pickups from the map after a certain number has been exceeded, or just give every pickup a limited timer before they fade away. I'm pretty sure someone could whip that up pretty quick if anyone else wanted such.
Sgt Major Kiwi
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Beelzebub's Labyrinth (wave based survival[?] map)

Post by Sgt Major Kiwi »

Other than that, the one thing that would make this even better is a script to cull pickups from the map after a certain number has been exceeded, or just give every pickup a limited timer before they fade away. I'm pretty sure someone could whip that up pretty quick if anyone else wanted such.
I could potentially spawn all pickups with a TID and make them disappear the next time bonus items are spawned, though idk if ACS will allow me that luxury.

Return to “Levels”