Back to basics (WIP)

Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:06 pm

I've been working on this map pack for 2 days now and I thought it would be a good idea to start off with a simple WAD. The premise of this WAD is to give a 90's Doom WAD vibe. It's a WIP and I'd like to hear what you guys think.

Download -->https://drive.google.com/file/d/10Yo1_bukwizhPfjvWV3T2hbcD8NGzWfT/view?usp=sharing

Re: Back to basics (WIP)

Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:50 pm

guys you have to tell me what you think please i want to know wha i can improve upon

Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:47 pm

It's not bad, but when you say 'basics', you mean it. I think the maps are super small and maybe a bit simple. Also, MAP04 does not load and says ''Map has no vertices.'' Took me about 45 seconds to beat the first three maps, though.

Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:11 pm

TheDoomGuy wrote:It's not bad, but when you say 'basics', you mean it. I think the maps are super small and maybe a bit simple. Also, MAP04 does not load and says ''Map has no vertices.'' Took me about 45 seconds to beat the first three maps, though.

thanks for your feedback! i'm glad that you think its not bad! i will work on the bugs you have listed. i also would like to clarify on why the maps so far are really small. i think that most tech base levels should be small and short. when i start working on the city levels they'll get medium sized and when i start making hell levels, i'll make them large.

Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:10 am

Your mapset

reminds me of the mapset by fellow mapper Memes4LyfeLives, starting out with basic maps and showing progress with every new map.

However, in your mapset this progress ends very badly with MAP04 :)

But nothing is lost if you build on what you have learned so far. The best way of learning is through making mistakes.

As long as you have fun making maps I encourage you to show us what you come up with next.

Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:50 pm

Kappes Buur wrote:Your mapset

reminds me of the mapset by fellow mapper Memes4LyfeLives, starting out with basic maps and showing progress with every new map.

However, in your mapset this progress ends very badly with MAP04 :)

But nothing is lost if you build on what you have learned so far. The best way of learning is through making mistakes.

As long as you have fun making maps I encourage you to show us what you come up with next.

yeah i thought map 4 sucked too i couldnt figure out how to get the walls to lower when you enter the baron room

Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:51 pm

wait fuck i forgot to work on map04 why wont it work

Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:55 pm

i've given up on working on this wad. it's going no where and i am focusing on other projects. thank you for playing