heretic The Magic Castle Of d'sparil beta release

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
pionetr123

heretic The Magic Castle Of d'sparil beta release

Post by pionetr123 »

Attachments
Screenshot_Heretic_20210123_105159.png
Screenshot_Heretic_20210123_105159.png (104.87 KiB) Viewed 1399 times
pionetr123

Re: heretic The Magic Castle Of d'sparil beta release

Post by pionetr123 »

ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

Not gonna lie, it's an interesting concept. I like the full-circle journey that occurs here, with the travelling by boat bits. The beginning with the visions reminded me of Doom 2016 and Eternal. It's execution could use a few minor improvements, though, so it's good that it's in beta.

Ammo is scarce until you acquire the Dragonclaw. I couldn't figure out how to lower the final bars guarding the green key without cheating (had to noclip to the misaligned green walldecor to the disciple room). And speaking of texture use, the use of stained glass for keydoors is odd, but at least it's consistent throughout the levels. And some areas like the waterway through the big double bars (before said green key arena), could be condensed in size since it lacks detail. Though I did like the green key room, reminded me of The Crusher from Doom 2.

You may want to add a few new textures and utilize them here, since you're willing to add new stuff like the crystal ball. Sometimes levers were hard to tell what they did. Once I got the green key and went through the green door, there was yet *another* barrier in the way. As for the D'Sparil battle, it was fine but same-old - which brings me to new resources. If you're willing, you could spice it up by having D'Sparil done different, as it were.

Still, a promising journey of a level that gets said feel down-pat, can't wait to see the final version!
Lagi

Post by Lagi »

Lots of cool ideas and map mechanics. Thats interesing. working sink and bathroom make me laugh. :D
I was frustrated with first map, till i figure out there is button near bed.

Rooms feel little empty. I have fun using the artifiacts to sneak behind monsters or kill them all :D
pionetr123

Post by pionetr123 »

Thank you feedback
Video please!!
Lagi

Post by Lagi »

whats the most easiest way to record video?
obs recorder

pionetr123

Post by pionetr123 »

others idea please help me

Return to “Levels”