The Army of Insanity [NOW SHELVED]

Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:02 pm

Hello, how's it going everyone, this is NeonLights95, and welcome to the Army of Insanity. This is a project that I have been trying to work on in absolute secrecy, but after tons of feedback, I want to improve as a level designer and as a modder. Status of the Project that it's being worked on again as of the current update

Kurt Warhawk is here and he is now pissed as hell!

THE BACKSTORY:
Having been sentenced to hard labor work at Camp 52 for initiating UAC Venus Labs' self-destruct button after being arrested by Ben GenRoddner, W.O. Kurt Warhawk has been fed up and now seeks to kill Colonel GenRoddner.

THE PRESENT:
Breaking out of Camp 52 isn't easy, so Kurt manages to kill a security officer and take his pistol.

Spoiler: Level Submission Guidelines

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/117031-the-army-of-insanity-my-first-project/ - Doomworld Forums Topic
https://discord.gg/KdS28FXggr - Official Discord Server
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ndd15oj7y52979c/TheArmyOfInsanity.zip?dl=0 - Latest Revision Download
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8kqae6an7t20zpc/TheArmyOfInsanityLegacyVersions.zip?dl=0 - Legacy Versions A-Z Download

I hope you like what you see. Thank you, have an awesome day.

Spoiler: Credits
Last edited by JacenXtreme on Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:32 am, edited 168 times in total.

Re: Army of Insanity [COMMUNITY PROJECT]

Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:36 am

Looks great

Re: Army of Insanity [VANILLA COMMUNITY PROJECT]

Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:19 am

looks good but boom isnt truely vanilla doom

Re: Army of Insanity [COMMUNITY PROJECT]

Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:02 am

Bites! wrote:Looks great

Thanks, Bites.

CBM wrote:looks good but boom isnt truely vanilla doom

Thank you, CBM. And good eye for pointing that out.

Re: Army of Insanity [FIRST TIME]

Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:39 am

EDIT: The project is back, fellow modders!
Last edited by JacenXtreme on Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:01 pm

I've never made a map before and have only dabbled in Ultimate Doom Builder, but I'll try my best anyways.

Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:39 am

ilostmyaccount wrote:I've never made a map before and have only dabbled in Ultimate Doom Builder, but I'll try my best anyways.

I'll look forward to seeing what you make and look forward to testing.

EDIT: Speaking of! I wanted to inform all of you that the project is back on schedule!

Re: Army of Insanity [BACK ON SCHEDULE]

Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:25 am

Apologies for the unwarranted double posting.

I have included the 58th build and am working on planning a new map.

Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:23 am

Alright, I think I'll whip something up for this. It'll be pretty basic and will likely not use any custom anything but I'll hopefully have something presentable here over the next couple weeks.

Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:09 am

Voltcom9 wrote:Alright, I think I'll whip something up for this. It'll be pretty basic and will likely not use any custom anything but I'll hopefully have something presentable here over the next couple weeks.

In response to Voltcom9: Thanks, man.

EDIT: Your level is now included, Voltcom9.

Re: The Army of Insanity [ACCEPTING LEVELS]

Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:35 pm

I do have to apologize for the lack of activity recently. I have been too focused and taking too many hiatuses from the internet. But anyways, a new download link is up and running!

And Levels 3 and 4 have been reserved.

Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:50 pm

I would like to participate in this community project.
Any available slot is fine if information regarding the difficulty curve and general progression is provided.

Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:25 am

Craftsdwarf wrote:I would like to participate in this community project.
Any available slot is fine if information regarding the difficulty curve and general progression is provided.

Good eye, Craftsdwarf. I added two new guidelines.

Check the spoiler in the OP.

Re: The Army of Insanity [NOW SHELVED]

Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:34 am

Unfortunately, due to some real life issues and me wanting to branch out more, the project will go on the shelf.

I hope everyone understands and I apologize for the inconvenience.