[WIP] Bryan's Redux

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
_bryan

[WIP] Bryan's Redux

Post by _bryan »

Downloads:

Version 3: https://www.dropbox.com/s/62u4t9s6kl78t ... 3.zip?dl=0
Version 4: https://www.dropbox.com/s/75k9q992ft2e0 ... 4.zip?dl=0
Version 5: https://www.dropbox.com/s/njxe0c3rktg9a ... 5.zip?dl=0

Textures: Counter-Strike texture pack from Realm 667

This is a work of progress of mine where I'm going to be stitching the first levels of Doom 1 Episode one together. I've begun with the original level geometry and added paths in between them to make it a seamless experience. The textures are sourced from the counter-strike texture pack.

For this you're going to need GZDoom. There are dynamic lights and the textures are high resolution. I recommend a flashlight mod/external light source mod because areas are intentionally dark. If it's too dark or you don't have a light mod you can change the sector lighting so dark areas become a bit light. The screenshots were taken using lights.pk3 and Beautiful Doom.

The first 3 episodes are for the most part in, though there's lots of detail work to go. Most spawns in the map are as close as possible to where they'd be in vanilla. I'm designing this myself to be used for something HDest related, but it should work fine with any modset. The flow is a bit weird because I haven't worked out yet which doors will be locked, but it should be enough to get all 3 keys and reach an 'exit'.

Last edited by _bryan on Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
batos2

Re: [WIP] Bryan's Redux

Post by batos2 »

Watching the screenshots, this looks like a dark and improved version of Lilywhite Lilith mapset: :o
_bryan

Post by _bryan »

batos2 wrote:Watching the screenshots, this looks like a dark and improved version of Lilywhite Lilith mapset: :o
Looking at the video I think we've sourced from the same texture pack :P
leodoom85

Post by leodoom85 »

Is this seriously a WIP?
Looks quite atmospheric and neat...
_bryan

Post by _bryan »

leodoom85 wrote:Is this seriously a WIP?
Looks quite atmospheric and neat...
Yea, I'd like to include more missions as areas that can be visited as well include a reason in the map for the player to want and need to revisit areas they've already been too. I want also want to replace all vanilla textures. If you wander around now you'll see the same door and out of place textures. I might also modify locations depending on performance as the map grows.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

This window guarding a yellow key door (view is at -260, 756) is not set to blocking.
batos2

Post by batos2 »

_bryan wrote:
batos2 wrote:Watching the screenshots, this looks like a dark and improved version of Lilywhite Lilith mapset: :o
Looking at the video I think we've sourced from the same texture pack :P
Also looking at the screenshots again, those parts of the map make me feel strangely familiar but somewhat uncomfortable. (When have strange background music) :|
Ferretmanjcdenton
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Ferretmanjcdenton »

Hi ..this is absolutely amazing ..looks Soo damn neat ..
I recorded a video already with the new doom Eternal Slayer 3rd person mod and your map ..gonna upload it Tomorrow..

Will you make more than one map ..and also will this existing one get some more details?
Can't wait to find out .. Awesome project
Ferretmanjcdenton

Also one question..is it possible to get this working with gzdoom 4.3.3 ?
It would look much better on Delta touch cause atm I only can play it with lzdoom which doesn't support bloom or Ambient occlusion ..or any quality shader ...
Ferretmanjcdenton

Ferretmanjcdenton wrote:Also one question..is it possible to get this working with gzdoom 4.3.3 ?
It would look much better on Delta touch cause atm I only can play it with lzdoom which doesn't support bloom or Ambient occlusion ..or any quality shader ...

Never mind ..as I was writing gzdoom got a new beta update ...
I can play your map now on mobile ...
I'll have to record the gameplay again but heyyy I have gzdoom 4.4.2 on smartphone..that is amazing
_bryan

Post by _bryan »

Rachael wrote:This window guarding a yellow key door (view is at -260, 756) is not set to blocking.
Corrected in the next version.
Ferretmanjcdenton wrote:Hi ..this is absolutely amazing ..looks Soo damn neat ..
I recorded a video already with the new doom Eternal Slayer 3rd person mod and your map ..gonna upload it Tomorrow..

Will you make more than one map ..and also will this existing one get some more details?
Can't wait to find out .. Awesome project
Interested to see :)

For now it's going to be just one map. The plan is to first put down the general level layout and go back afterwards to detail with decals and models. After a vanilla (mod compatible) version is completed I'm planning on using it to create a map for a specific mod set. I'm hoping to have another WIP released in the next weeks which will contain up to M7.
_bryan

Post by _bryan »

Version 4 has been released. Hopefully everything works up until the end.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

There's an unknown object here right next to the lightamp pickup

It is listed as Unknown Type 23120 at -17332, -20420
_bryan

Post by _bryan »

Rachael wrote:
There's an unknown object here right next to the lightamp pickup

It is listed as Unknown Type 23120 at -17332, -20420
Whoops. I think it's an hdest battery spawn I forgot to take out.
Ferretmanjcdenton

Here ...a small video from my channel..

https://youtu.be/-e43w6cf114

Return to “Levels”