Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:18 pm
Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:23 pm
Colerx wrote:yeeah I'm knee-deeping into it, the level design, plot, monsters, events everything is awesome, what an excellent work!!!
At this point once finished, I would like to replay it with my cousin in the future, I've done a quick co-op test on gzdoom and everything seems working good so far, the only problem I got, wich is hardly "workaroundable", is that when changing map, the spawn point is the same of each other, causing the death of both players, and I think for the same reason the game goes mad sometimes not changing level at all and make it crashing if trying to pass the point again,
Would you please try to look into this issue in next update if not bothering too much? I really would like to involve my cousin and maybe friends all together in this campaign!
in the end I guess it's just the problem of the spawn point. other little issues like doors shut after respawining I think we could easily get around them.,..
Thank you very much for your work
Nightgaunt wrote:The new screenshots are incredible!
I also hope Thetis releases the new final new version of WoC soon, can't wait to see the new stuff.
Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:01 pm
Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:16 pm
Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:24 am
Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:36 pm
Colerx wrote:Finished until "thanks for playing"
I really enjoyed this campaign!
reached level 33 at skill 4 with xp multiplier at default 100 , Barbarian class
played 10 hours and 50 minutes, without count of those thousands of time I quickloaded , was very challenging!!
Loved this, can't wait to see it finished and play it with my cousin!!!
Thank you, it has really filled my evenings with this damn lockdown.
I am 7 hours through the campain and have some questions.
1. Where can I find the key to the gaveyard chapel, mentioned by the NPC at the eand of the graveyard? By the gaveyard I mean the optional gaveyard map near the Direwood Castle?
2. In the Greenleaf Village Graveyard I have found a skull that says that I have found the second skull so the curse has been lifted. But I don't know where is the first skull?
I am having a lot of fun with your mod and I will give some feedback after finishing! Thanks
So I have finished the campain until the "thanks for playing" screen. I would like to add some feedback. I think that this is a very good mod, that when finished would be at my personal top list of Hexen/Heretic maps.
What I liked the most:
- variety of enemies and their attacks. I think that you have done a great job in desining and coding those enemies.
- boss fights - I really enjoyed how differnet they were form each other, but I think more focus on boss arena desing (different than square shapes of arena, obstacles arising during second phase etc.) could enhance the experience,
- side quests and Heretic arenas!
What I think could be improved. I would say that Cult of Despair is good in the first half and great in the second half.
- Some of the optional dungeons could benefit from adding a little bit of lore explaining their setting and what has happened there.
- During the first half of the game you can explore a lot of smal underground caves. It reminded me a little bit of Zelda world. But I think these caves are a bad idea - their design is a little bit boring and unchallenging. I think the overall level design would benefit if you reduce the amount of holes in the ground and focus on building 2/3 of more diverse ones (house basement, underwater secrets etc.).
- The black passage could have a little more light - You are forced to use torches or proceed in complete darkness, either way the beautiful desing is lost.
- The lonely den design is somewhat boring, especially in comparison to other dungeons like cultist fortress.
Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:39 pm
Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:41 pm
Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:38 am
Colerx wrote:Thanks for coop support, I'm very pleased about that! and for improving the maps of course!!!
Indeed I noticed that there was something missing, I've tought about that key but keeping slashing enemies and proceeding in the campaign then slipped my mind.
the only part that I missed is the hole in front of direwood castle if I'm not mistaken. I tried to remember it for once got out from there but was full of cultists
About Lonely Den I didn't find it boring, it was good imho!
I fully trust Exeor decisions, I like his way of designing levels, much better than han I could do
Just a little thing, for the black passage, as the horror grotto (wich I liked a bunch!) torch may be necessary as a little challenge as part of the campaign, I won't increase light too much It could loose the "black" mark of its name..
By the way, as my very first mod attempt of wich got inpiration exactly from these levels, I'm currently working on an equippable torch using dynamic lights, plus editing the artitorch working in the same way but with this one instead you can use weapons while lighting up the place! I don't like the vanilla hexen light effect very much so I wanted to do this edit, Still haven't finished it because I want to improve the effect, most surely increase light effect, maybe improve graphics, and making it more user friendly as possible, here's some screens of black passage also using darkdoom lite
Imho could a be kind of a improvement for these dark places! what you think about it?
PS EDIT: oh I forgot to mention, maybe i get a little unwanted light effect with the chandeliers.. they are like flickering weird, I mean, the stay "off" for too long let's say. Is doing the same for you or they are flickering normally?
Was my fault due some wrong oder mod mixes!
Nightgaunt wrote:Any new progress to show us?
Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:38 am
Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:00 pm
Nightgaunt wrote:Ha, that's cool!
I see you got some sprites from Blood, can't go wrong with that!
Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:43 am
Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:08 pm
That is strange, I always liked how Lonely Den turned out, sure, some rooms could be improved, but still like the idea that it isn't a lineal dungeon when you have to search the three keys or the underwater section with the big piranhas and the switches.
Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:10 am
Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:02 pm
Colerx wrote:Really nice progress Exeor! definetely can't wait to replay this with the next update!
if you want to try the torch and maybe include it, here it is, I still have to properly set the artifact-torch (such as the timer) but as a preview should be good for the moment:
Tresto wrote:That is strange, I always liked how Lonely Den turned out, sure, some rooms could be improved, but still like the idea that it isn't a lineal dungeon when you have to search the three keys or the underwater section with the big piranhas and the switches.
By somewhat boring desing I ment the visual style rather than gameplay. I think I was really inovative with those underwater rooms but when you compare it to the other dungeons it has just a little bit dull artstyle. It's by no means a harsh critique, probably I would not notice it playing many other mods but your other dungeons give a high level of expectations
Nightgaunt wrote:Has anyone took a closer look to the new WoC build uploaded by Thetis?
I am really curious about the new stuff added.