[DOWNLOAD NOW!] DTS-T - a megawad for ZDoom and GZDoom

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
SAraisXenoQueen

Re: [DOWNLOAD NOW!] DTS-T - a megawad for ZDoom and GZDoom

Post by SAraisXenoQueen »

Kumasan wrote:I totally love this megawad but I have an annoying bug.
I play it with brutal doom (20b) and I'm stuck in the Vivarium level.
Two ennemies are left, but I can't find them. It's the last "flame demon" and one of the ennemies he must have resurrected.
I litterally visited all the rooms, but there is nobody to be found... :(
Freakin' necromancers.

The problem is a combination of your gameplay mod and/or the map script itself. This occurs with any gameplay mod that replaces monsters it seems; which is unusual considering it does not occur on any other map.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

It's probably pointless by now, but I'm gonna post my thoughts anyway because I didn't realize this project wasn't released in the 90s. I'm very blunt when I critique so buckle your seatbelt I guess.

The Good:
I like the ideas of this megawad (I might be biased since I did something similar with Strange Aeons). Conceptually the dimensions I get to visit are intriguing: I like being a future marine visiting ancient times, and exploring a seemingly derelict space station. I like the idea of someone on the radio keeping me updated on the situation instead of forcing me to read a lot of bad zdoom cutscene text, and I'm glad you didn't put subtitles in. That e1m1 rendition in the intro map is pretty badass too.

The Bad:
If this megawad had been finished and released in 1994, I'd commend it, given the standards of that era; but you've presumably been working on it from 1998 to at least 2013 -- 15 years -- and the maps still look, feel, and play like an amateur effort from the mid-90s. The later maps are more polished, but still need work. Also, that final boss has too much goddamn health.

tl/dr: Cool dimensional-travel project idea with 1990s maps that should've been redone, not tweaked slightly over 15 years. Rain effects can't save a boring cardboard maze.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Hey, cool megawad, but I've been getting some weird slowdown when the game reaches the space station chapter and I can't seem to find the cause.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

What you're experiencing could be related to this.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Thank you. One other problem is that when the station reactor core is destroyed, the level doesn't transition and I've been unable to leave to the next level apart from idclev.
Retraux Squid

Post by Retraux Squid »

This is an incredible experience and I love it to bits. The ending in particular was awesome; I didn't at all expect it.

However, map detail in larger areas and overall ammunition abundance can be improved in effectively all maps; in some of the Gogyptian areas I found myself simply skipping levels owing to having to choose between pushing through tight corridors of Hell Knights with my fists, or running in circles around the map in hopes of finding a few shells lying around.

Overall? 8/10.
LukasG2004
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by LukasG2004 »

Is this a strictly vanilla megawad? i.e is there going to be game breaking bugs if you load it with say, D4T?
Unicornpooper777

Post by Unicornpooper777 »

Yo dude, Everytime after the text when I enter the teleporter in the prologue the game crashes, out crashes for gzdoom v1.9.1, v3.2.5, and v3.3pre
Retraux Squid

Post by Retraux Squid »

LukasG2004 wrote:Is this a strictly vanilla megawad? i.e is there going to be game breaking bugs if you load it with say, D4T?
It's got custom DECORATE bosses and a few enemies I believe (haven't played it for a while since I beat it) but most enemies appear to be vanilla.
Vertigo

Post by Vertigo »

I've just started playing and really liked the first map. I liked the squareness/blockiness of the manor with the rain sounds outside (I might have to make a map with a similar feel...).

I just got to map02 and have a quick question, is this designed for pistol starts or continuous play?

Edit: Based on how the maps are progressing it seems to be made for continuous which does align with the fact that it has a story line.
rodster

Post by rodster »

Really cool maps and great story!

I have one problem though: I played this with Brutal Doom v21b on GZDoom 3.5.0 and I can't seem to exit Map16: Deck 3: Level Core. I did kill the Core (Romero's head) but the map doesn't exit :(
TheMightyHeracross

Post by TheMightyHeracross »

You should expect a heavily scripted WAD like this to have some conflicts with gameplay mods. Custom resources from different mods tend not to go very well together unless they were designed to run together.
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

I have the same problem as rodster. Even without mods killing the BossBrain doesn't advance the level. Thus it seems to have been broken by a change in newer GZDoom versions.
In the meantime, just use the changemap cmd to load the next level and keep your inventory.
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

This should be reported to Bugs subforum.
saladofstones

Post by saladofstones »

i got to say, I love the filter used for the voice-overs. Reminds me of star wars for some reason.

Return to “Levels”